Saitek Software and the X52 Pro

Sniper31

Hey gang, I am looking to see if anyone has the latest Win 7 (64 bit) drivers and Win 7 (64 bit) SST software for the X52 Pro. The FTP download section on Saitek's website has been down for the last four days, so no downloading is possible.  :(

Thanks rosariomanzo, but your links are not working for me either. This one is puzzling me. I have all the proper security protocols enabled, and I've never had a problem in the past.

Sniper copy the address and REMOVE the http:// leaving just the FTP and you might be surprised.

The link should read      "    ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe  "

and                                "    ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9.exe  " 

Cut and paste the text directly into your browser.

NB This is what happens with UBB Code sometimes as it THINKS it know better that the poster.

Also if you had the preview turned on in your browser you might have seen this.

Well Maurice, thanks for the tip. I know that already, but I tried your tip anyway. It did not work. I don't get it. I can go to any other site, download stuff from anywhere else. In fact, I know I've downloaded stuff from Saitek before...that's why this is so odd..

I have no clue....I've even tried it on three different CP's in my house..one with Win 7, one with Win XP, and one with Win Vista... >:(

If you copy and paste the link as I have  posted you can download DIRECT .

ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/  the link above generated this which is what I was saying earlier about the FBB Code in the forum,  even though it shows ftp in the text on screen the actual link generated by the forum script replaces this with http: etc which is why I said the link MUST be copies and pasted NOT right clicked and open in new tab.

ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe

I just copied this line as shown in my post above EXACTLY as it is and pasted it directly into Safari, Maxthon, Opera and IE8 sorry but the links work.

You may well have some setting in your network that is blocking your access presumably either Pop-up windows because this link WILL generate a popup as it wants your browser to download the file directly, so I think your network or browser could well be set to either NOT allow an executable and or to block popup windows.

Using a dedicated ftp client is not going to improve things over and above your web browser in effect

because IE is a full blown ftp upload client too remember. 

Ok update...

First, thanks Maurice for your help with this.  However, it's not working. It has to be a problem with my router DSL modem. I can download anything else from any other site. I follow your directions to a tee, but no go. I completely understand what you are telling me to do, but I keep getting an immediate 'cannot display this page' screen. I have gone through all my I8 settings last night, turning off and on Pop-up settings, secruity settings etc, all to no avail. I really am at a loss. I never have internet download problems like this. If I try and select the drivers the normal way, and then RIGHT CLICK and select Savwe Target As... I get an error message saying 'Internet Explorer cannot download.....The connection with the server was reset'

I just don't know....

Ah the link WILL NOT display a page but rather generate a Pop up SAVE FILE AS window in Windows.

Allow me to clarify a bit. The link WILL generate a pacge, albeit a 'this internet page cannot be displayed' page. Just as a different ATTEMPT, I tried the right-click method to see if anything would be different, and that's when I get the pop up 'cannot display-connection with server reset' error.

However, using your link (or any other link that all you kinds folks have provided) generates a new internet page that states 'this page page cannot be displayed' error.

I continue to be befuddled by this issue. I have a Linksys Wireless-G broadband router. It has ethernet ports AND wireless capability, but my FSX and Server PC's are connected to it through ethernet cables.

judging on what your saying the popup for saving the file is being blocked by your router or your Browser.

Posted Image

you copty the address as shown above

[img width=754 height=700]http://mozzgrafix.com/fsx/saveaswindow.jpg

What you should see afterwards.

IF you don't have any joy I shall DL the files and host them for you.

VERY Strange

Yes Maurice, it IS very strange. Thanks for offering to download them for me, but a friend of mine at work downloaded them and burned onto a CD today for me. Still, I would like to figure out this issue anyway....it bothers me to no end. I suspect I am like you in that Maurice, I HAVE to fix the problem :)

As for the link's, the answer is a big YES, I have tried copying those links that ALL of you have posted and pasting them in with no luck. It's not the link folks. I know what you all are saying with that and I totally understand. It is somehow related to my router. Tomorrow I will try without the router connected and see if it is the router OR my DSL modem.

Archived