Massive drop in fps after installing EU England and Southampton Int'l Airport

I have just purchased and installed EU England and Southampton Int'l Airport for P3DV5 and have suffered a massive drop in fps. My system before the installation was running at a  conservatory 40fps, probably capable of more, with P3DV5.1, PMDG737NGXu, ASP3D, Aerosoft LEBL, EGLL, EDDF professional, UK2000 EGBB, EGCC, EGKK, and the attached Orbx products. My system is fairly fast PC: i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB DDR4, 10GB RTX3080, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, WIN10, P3DV5 yet I am only getting 0.4 - 1.5fps with GPU memory 3.3/9.1GB since installing England and EGHI. I have unticked everything in England CP except Buses, Trees and EGJJ and everything in EGHI CP except vehicle flow car L1, train L2, 3D grass L1, car park lights and ground services eqpt. Can anyone offer advice on a probable cause for this please?

Screenshot 2021-06-19 203240.jpg

Hello,

I have activated all of the Orbx products that you show in your screen shot and yet see this:

Typically, I disable shadows in P3D v5 because they half the frame rate.

In any case, I am unable to replicate your single figure frame rates.

These are 2k images, you don't state the screen resolution that you are using.

Click on the images to enlarge them if you need to.

Frame rate unlocked, no shadows.

2021-6-20_5-52-44-639.jpg

and locked, note the very small V number.

2021-6-20_5-54-17-250.jpg

Frame rate unlocked, all shadows at Ultra.

2021-6-20_6-5-13-581.jpg

My suggestion would be to disable everything else before you visit EGHI and try it first with only the Orbx Libraries, objectflow, EU England and EGHI.

Use the default Maule and see if the problem persists.

Your system specs are of course perfectly fine and better than both mine and those of the majority of P3D users.

How they are set up is individual to each PC.

I have tracked down the cause of my low fps, it was a faulty Windows update that wouldn't install due to missing files. An online Win and update reinstallation, care of Microsoft support, fixed the issue and I am now running at 75fps in VC and 100+ in outside view (Unlimited) with my settings reset to high/ultra.

Archived