YMLT 14R approach error?

Hank

Hi Development team,

This might have nothing to do with ORBX YMLT, however for the last four nights I have flown different aircraft (thinking that might be the problem) from Phillip Island to Launy. The first night the real weather REX, had me come in on 32L and there was no problem. The next night I used auto pilot right up to finals, but was told by ATC to land on 14R. About five miles short of the runway threshhold the computer locks up and FSX shuts down. Thinking it might have been the auto pilot, I flew hands on tonight, all the way, but lo and behold, coming in to 14R, shut down again. Restarted and took off and landed on 32R... no problem. Any ideas?  Has anybody else had this sort of problem?

Cheers

Hank.

Hi Norman,

Thank you for getting back with an answer.

I don't understand all that was spoken about in the previous thread?

The GAAapron.bgl for instance..... does one just delete it?  Where does one actually find it?

Is it for all airports or just for, in my case, YMLT?

I noticed your poblem at YBBN. So far I haven't had too many problems at YBBN, however I

think that the FPS get down to 9 -12 sometimes, and as you can see by my specs I'm running

the latest Core I7 6 core processor, that I'm going to stear clear of YBBN until something better

comes along. I waited patiently to be able to use YMML for about 18 months (this I can now do

with this new computer) so I think I'll just have to wait until the next generation of CPU's come out.

Cheers

Hank

Norman, can you explain how why you think a groundpoly apron file at YBBN is causing a CTD at YMLT?

Much more common in this instance would be a duplicate Airport file.

@Hank, do you have any other add-ons installed?  Particularly traffic addons?

Hey Norman, we all make mistakes at our age don't we?

Ian,

I have the Orbx traffic installed and also aerosoft My TrafficX.

FS Global 2010 X is also installed.  Do you think that might be causing it?

While I have you there; another anomally that has occured; is I have just re-installed

FS9 on a separate drive, but for the life of me can't get any sound on it. I am now running

Windows 7 64 bit. There is no trouble at all using FSX as far as the sound goes. When I go into

the control panel / sound it shows all is working fine. Have placed FS9 to be XP compatible.

Still nothing happens.  Has any one else had this problem?  I know that normally only

FSX questions get answered.... but just hoping you might have heard of the same problem.

Cheers

Hank.

P.S.  And thanks for taking the time to reply and assist us not so clever old farts.

A number of the traffic packages also include Airport files, which can cause conflicts and hence CTD.  I am not familiar enough with MyTrafficX to know whether YMLT has a file associated with it.

A search of FSX subfolders for *YMLT*.bgl might help.

It has been a long time since I used FS9, but is there an option to select the sound "device" within the program ... change it to Windows default or to the actual device and see if that  helps

Hi Ian,

OK, I've hit the search button for the YMLT.bgl  file, and 22 have come up. One of them is the FTX-AU YMLT. (no bgl on the end of it). All the others are ORBX except for one that is tc_YMLT_PLC.bgl. Are they all supposed to be there?

I'm going to fly the route again this time, but will enforce the landing on 32L and see if I get a computer crash on that runway.

I'll plan a touch and go and then come in on 14R and see what happens.

Cheers

Hank

AFD is an Airport Data File, the equivalent to an AFCAD in FS9. MTX is short for MyTraffic X. You said that you had MyTraffic X installed, and the question was is there a file in it that could be interfering.

Norman

Archived