nvida evga gtx 480,control panel location,entry for settings?

timmo32

hi guys just wanting to know how i can get acess to the graphic setting for my new card,im new to nvida cards having own ATI cards all my life,wat section would the settings be located?as there is a couple of entrys in the nvida section,and im running twin monitor mode. also wat setting for performance should i have?. thanks in advance for any replys.

I had the same problem timmo! This is my first nVidia card as well... I'm used to the CCC tray icon, but the nVidia is easier to use IMHO now that I've gotten into it.

Graphic Settings:

Right-click Desktop, choose "NVIDIA Control Panel"

In the left pane, there will be an option called "Manage 3D Settings" as shown below;

Posted Image

You can set your Global Settings here, but you can also select the Program Settings tab in order to set options for individual programs, you can see my settings in these snips;

[img width=929 height=700]http://i47.tinypic.com/2qnpheh.jpg

[img width=937 height=700]http://i50.tinypic.com/nl30bn.jpg

For quick reference, my settings are:

Anistropic = 16x

AA = 32x

Transparency = Multisample

Negative LOD Bias = Clamp

Texture Filtering = High Quality

You can also try setting the Transparency up to 8x Super-sample, giving a beautiful screen image, and setting the AA to 8x with it. In the end, it's all personal opinion on image quality. I suggest trying different settings in urban and rural areas in FSX to see what you like the most!  :)

awesome phil thanks for that mate thats very helpfull mate ,im testing fsx ,with the new card and need to fine tune the settings,but thanks again you most very helpfull mate. :D

thanks phil im sure its going to be the best card yet,im now testing fsx after months of freezing issues and hours and hours or reinstalls hopefully my efforts and the great help of this forum pays off,thanks again mate ;D

Archived