Airports to purchase

porsche

I purchased the blue and gold area last night and am looking forward to getting to know Australia. I noticed there is a patch to be installed over these.  If I were to get 3 or 4 airports while the sale is still on what would you suggest. I really enjoy the ocean, at the current moment like biz jets and pmdg's jetstream and when the dodo sim 204 arrives will purchase that. I've googled maps, found the approach plate download link here. I'd like to get hold of some LE charts for the south and east. Austalia is a place I have never visited. I'd like to visit, rent a motorcycle and explore at sometime. Many thanks for any help and listening to this rambling. PS to moderator.....I'll get a signature  done with the required info.

Great to hear! I recommend the OZx packages as well, together they'll both blow you away!

Thats a hard question, though If I had to choose mine would be

1) Brisbane (Great for biz jets, regional commuters,)

2) Aeropelican (Light aircraft and slightly smaller commuters, such as the DHC-6)

3) Tamworth - Just simply stunning, great for all size of aircrafts up to a 737

4) Hervey Bay - Perfect for the Dodo (In my opinion) from the harbor heliport

Also all of them except for Tamworth are located straight on the coast of Australia with Aeropelican offering some awesome landings and approaches

Hi Porsche and welcome to a great way to see/fly the world. I agree with Jackson, especally about Hervey Bay.  Lots of coastal attractions like Fraser Island (largest sand island in the world) and Lady Elliot Island (via OZx).

In addition I would recommend Coffs Harbour (YSCH) which is a great coastal region of New South Wales (NSW) with the Great Dividing Range looming just inland. From here, to the South is ORBX's free 'Port Macquarie' (YPMQ) and inland is ORBX's superb payware - Tamworth (YSTW). For a good four hour flight east into the Pacific Ocean is Lord Howe Island (YLHI).

Happy flying.... Anton

Jackson and Anton, Thanks very much for the suggestions. I purchased Brisbane, Aeropelican, Tamworth, Hervery Bay, Coffs Harbour and I'm looking for Port Macgarie. Really nice having this sale. Now it's time to explore!

Ahh good old Aeropelican. Maggie and I have family up there. It is known to the local as Belmont Airfield, and I would really reccomend it. The scenery is spot on. Aeropelican no longer flies into there though as they now use Jetstreams to Newcastle. It is a lovely area. The main lake is Lake McQuarrie

Jackson and Anton, Thanks very much for the suggestions. I purchased Brisbane, Aeropelican, Tamworth, Hervery Bay, Coffs Harbour and I'm looking for Port Macgarie. Really nice having this sale. Now it's time to explore!

Check out the Orbx freeware page there are a number of excellent freeware airfields as well as/including Port Macquarie, and of course buy as much of the scenery as you can it's worth it at full price let alone on sale. ;)

Archived