Overclocking utility for 5870?

marshkop

I just got the 5870 and I know that it can be cranked up to 950mzh but not with the stock utility tool. it will only let me oc to 775mzh. Can anyone recomend an oc utility tool?

Guest AS355F

I just got the 5870 and I know that it can be cranked up to 950mzh but not with the stock utility tool. it will only let me oc to 775mzh. Can anyone recomend an oc utility tool?

Um, you sure you've got a 5870?

They run at 850Mhz stock, I have a Sapphire and it lets me overclock via CCC overdrive to 900 core and over 5Ghz memory.

The bios is usually your limiting factor, that MSI utility doesn't work for me but if I flash my cards bios to MSI it will. I find that even 850 (stock) is enough, the 5870's are damn powerful cards.

Are you using the SM3 mod?

AS355F, my card is actually an 5850xfx oops typo. anyway I've learned a ton about ATI cards in the last few days since I purchased it. The 5850 does overclock but sad to say that the only way to reach a 850-950 overclock is to flash the bios from a msi 5870. When replaced the MSI Afterburner will read and will let you play with the voltage and shader clocks. With stock bios Msi will not let you overclock very much(725-810mzh) and the shader and volatge cannot be adjusted. Oh and yes my stock clock is 725mzh, but youtube and overclockers.net and a few other sites with the bios flashed are reaching 1200mzh. I've seen it, but I wont do that because I cant afford to be replacing a 300$ card every time i screw it up. I'm deffinetly impressed even with stock clocks. I replaced my gtx 275 898gb with this one because I was getting fragments and little white dots when I was flying. Now I realize it was my bufferpools tweak. OOPS :-\  Dont tell my wife. Anyone want a used gtx. If any one has any questions about these cards I have a wealth of info. :)

Archived