Suddenly low FPS, especially when panning view.

Hello everyone,

To be honest I am pretty annoyed. I have done three windows reinstallations within the last 2 weeks. 2 days ago I was happy that I could finally have +35 fps, even in the FSLabs. Yesterday however I wanted to do another flight and when I dropped at a gate with the FSLabs, I suddenly got 28 fps. I know that you all will say: These are enough framerates, but that is not the thing. The problem begins when I pan the view. Either with a chaseplane preset or when I move my mouse even slightly to see the autopilot. I get such annoying stutters. And 2 days ago everything was fine. Many people said it is because of my 144Hz monitor, but I also tried with the minimum available namely 60Hz. I also did that trick with half refresh rate and stuff like that. As I said 2 days ago, everything fine. The only things I changed before the flight Yesterday, was installing a game from 2006 and installing the Aerosoft a333 and an a340 merge. Please help me.

System specs:

I5-9400 3.9 Ghz

Gtx 1060 6gb 

16 GB RAM

My settings are between medium and high, but it shouldnt be a problem since it worked before with more than 35 fps. 

I already did the main troubleshooting things like delete shaders, p3d.cfg etc. 

I aprreciate any help.

Are you able to monitor your CPU and GPU ?

An overload of either would typically result in frame drops and stutters.

Here's a short vid showing GPU overload and how it affects frame rates and introduces stutters.

Once the limits are known the P3D configuration can be adjusted to take those limits into account.

Other things that can affect are things like anti-malware perfoming realtime scanning of files while P3D is accessing them and general hardware bottle necks.

Prepar3D 4.5 GPU monitoring with AA overload stutter demo

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, Quantum Amiga said:

Are you able to monitor your CPU and GPU ?

An overload of either would typically result in frame drops and stutters.

Here's a short vid showing GPU overload and how it affects frame rates and introduces stutters.

Once the limits are known the P3D configuration can be adjusted to take those limits into account.

Other things that can affect are things like anti-malware perfoming realtime scanning of files while P3D is accessing them and general hardware bottle necks.

Prepar3D 4.5 GPU monitoring with AA overload stutter demo

On 4/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, cdv0007 said:

This forum, reflecting problems, has never been ignored.
Do you use P3D V4 or V5? One monitor or two monitors?

Thanks, I will give it a try. I am using one monitor and v5

Archived