How to zap those stupid statics?

They irritate me every time I fly PNW -the horrid clumps of box-engined static 'aircraft' which ruin  the reality of so many airfields. Is there any way to dump them? I'd gladly pay for a program that would do the trick.

We are in the process of expanding our airport static objects and aircraft library so moving forward, new regions like Northern Rockies, NZ and Pacific Fjords will have much nicer static aircraft.

If Neil Hill wants to update all 450+ airports in PNW with these newer sexier models then he may do so for a future patch. Keep in mind that's not a trivial task but I agree it would be a nice touch.

Hey there Tailgunner:  don't be too much of a perfectionist.  I find the Orbx airfields in PNW so much better than the default that I don't really look closely at the basic static aircraft.  A yellow Cub and a tin hangar is so much better than the arid default that I really haven't taken a critical look at the perfection or otherwise of the static.

I am sure they will get better with time, but as far as I am concerned they are so much in advance of the default that I feel nothing but gratitude.

But reinstall the default and see where we have come from.

Archived