Moody Mountain

Valcor

Despite the obvious presence of convection about Darrington yesterday, I was unable to find any thermals on my first attempt at gliding there.  I don't know much about soaring in FSX however.  Do thermals remain in a fixed area geographically or do they move about when real world weather is loaded?

Posted Image

After my lack of success in the PNW, I took another moody joy ride through the vibrant fields of AU Gold.

[img width=1145 height=700]http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1274720305.jpg

You're at a pretty low altitude over Darrington, slew yourself up to around 8,000 feet.

Ok, I'll try staying on my tow up to a bit higher.  I'm not sure how high the AI tow-er will take you.

Despite the obvious presence of convection about Darrington yesterday, I was unable to find any thermals on my first attempt at gliding there.  I don't know much about soaring in FSX however.  Do thermals remain in a fixed area geographically or do they move about when real world weather is loaded?

Get hold of CumulusX to give yourself much more realistic thermals and ridge lift in FSX. I use that with the Discus glider and generally don't have too much trouble with a winch (use WinchX) to around 1,500 feet from Darrington, there are plenty of ridges nearby that you can use.  ;)

Archived