Milviz KA350i Installation Issue

Hello,

i just bought the Milviz KA350i from the Orbx store today and i am not able to use this product at the moment. I tried to identify the problem after 3 hours of searching:

There is probably a faulty installation routine of the product (no MVAMS installed) in Orbx causing that issues. I tried to reinstall the product several times, no chance. I read in the Milviz forum and there are installer issues publicated and discussed since October 2020 and it seems Orbx does not do anything to solve that, because the problem is still present. Still selling a 78€ product in their store, which is not working.

There are posts where Orbx refers to Milviz for the problem. That is obviously something like a joke. Why is this product still to buy in the store, when the installer is faulty.

After 3 hours, a registration in the support forum of Milviz, extracting the serial from an "ini-file" of Orbx (it could not be more complicated...) and downloading the product from the Milviz forum i am still waiting for a functional product and i hope that this will work when the download would be finished.

I am very angry about the business behaviour of Orbx. That is not what a customer expect from the distribution of a 117 AUD (78€) product.

@Orbx: Please fix that faulty installation and do not refer to the developer! You are the distributor and you offer the installation.

Best regards

Stefan Blei

• Stefan Blei changed the title to Milviz KA350i Installation Issue

Hi Nick,

i understand that there a complexe installer routines, but it would be more polite if you would mention those problems in the news of Orbx so that new buyer will be informed.

But ok, i would appreciate if that issue could be solved.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Best regards

Stefan

Hello,

I don't believe it to be complex, but a simple oversight, as I mentioned.

I expect the reason that it was not mentioned is that it had not until now been reported.

It would only affect a customer who had not previously purchased a Milviz product that includes MVAMS.

• 3 months later...

Hi Nick,

Any chance of checking that fix again as I bought the KA350 on Orbx central and I have the same problems as above (plane is there but nothing will work).

I did the install without Norton running etc, the only thing is I have loaded P3D v5 on my D drive (not C drive) due to past drive space issues.

Would love to see this work!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nick,

I've noticed in a previous discussion about a missing XMLTools, and I could not find XMLTools anywhere so I did a google to find one and loaded it in the P3D folder, that didn't go to well so I deleted all traces of it, uninstalled the KA350, and loaded it again this morning after Orbx Central updated to the latest version. 

I don't get the XMLTools Installer pop up like you have shown? Here are the screen shots of what I see (Attached).

Also the MVAMS does not run. I noticed a discussion mentioning that loading a MILVIZ aircraft first would be a solution, so I had previously tried deleting the KA350, bought a Chopper from MILVIZ directly, installed that then the KA350 via Central, but still no good.

I have even tried loading the KA350 on a separate PC (my Laptop) which is still running P3Dv4. The MVAMS works, but the same problem I have with the KA350 on my desktop running P3Dv5 with the Aircraft loading, but no electric power (battery switch does nothing) except for the standby AH will work (can be turned off and powers on after normal initialization). Control surfaces work except for the power levers.

I have also put in a bigger C drive and reloaded P3Dv5 (after uninstall P3D) onto the C drive (thinking P3D on the D drive may be a problem when the operating system is on the C drive), no luck.

Do I need to find somehow and delete any traces of the KA350 (and MVAMS) from the windows registry, and then try and install?  

Any chance of getting a copy of any missing files needed to get this working if that is a solution?

Thanks

Michael

IMG_9162.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg

Hello,

you should be able to manually install XMLTools.

You will need to add this text into C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

You should insert it here
</SimBase.Document>

Then place the attached file into your P3D root folder.

XMLTools64.dll

Thanks Nick,

Looks like the plot thickens, I have no dll.xml in my C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

I downloaded a free program called Notepad++ and made a dll.xml file with your contents, then placed the XMLTool64 in the P3D root folder.

I tried the KA350 again but still the same, no Battery power, can get external power on and Avionics on but no power when hitting the start switch.

But I guess there must be more to the dll.xml like the </SimBase.Document> etc, but I have no idea as the real one I'm looking for was not there.

I'm googling no dll.xml in P3D to see where that takes me, but any idea on what is going on?

Again many thanks for your help on this..

IMG_9168.jpg

Hey I've had a win and got it going!

I found another dll.xml in a part of the RAAS in the RAASPRO/Res (I guess my PMDG Aircraft probably made this?) folder, copied it, pasted your data over the RAAS Launch.Addon data, and all was well.

Here is the dll.xml data that worked for me using Notepad++ to make the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>