Orbx Installation

Hello All,

I just purchased Base Pack and Vector and downloaded from Orbx Central just followed the prompts, but when starting P3DV5 i get popups regarding scenery error and if i would like to unload the area (see SS105148 Area 144's) if i choose No then it proceeds to another popup 145's,151's i also press No when i get to the Scenery

Library i get this SS102312 & 104826, f i press YES then i get SS105325 showing unticked 1,7,8, to be honest i downloaded not sure how this works but it's noting that the area's in pink are the wrong PATH like i say not sure, all i can think is i have downloaded to the wrong place but i did follow the instructions, i just want to make sure i have downloaded Orbx.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Terence

Screenshot 2021-02-10 105148.png

Screenshot 2021-02-10 102312.png

Screenshot 2021-02-10 104826.png

Screenshot 2021-02-10 105325.png

Screenshot 2021-02-10 120254.png

Hello,

your Vector scenery library entries seem to suggest that you have 

made your own installation, Orbx does not use the Documents folder at all and

it does not create scenery library entries named FTX_OLC or FTX_VECTOR.

My advice would be to delete your scenery.cfg file and let P3D build a new one.

Then close P3D and install your products using Orbx Central.

Once done, use the Insertion Point tool to set Airports and Regions to just below

the lowest of your other developers' addons and openLC to below Airports and Regions.

Wait for the blue notification bar to turn green.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your response to my issue, i will do as you say with some reluctance as i am not a computer person and hope i do not cause more problems, that said i will let you know how things progress, and to your comment i made my own installation God only knows how i did that, i think im going to need his help. Please see the two SS how i started the downloads do you see any issue's there in.397198542_Screenshot2021-02-10145914.thumb.png.335c65fe0fbf37c119c2ee1955e85dab.png

Cheers

Terence

Screenshot 2021-02-10 145841.png

Hello Nick,

Like i said not sure what i am doing, and that was the case, could not find the CFG file (i now know) deleted what i thought was the CFG not, had to reinstall P3DV5 and started again, i did not know where the insertion point tool was for Orbx, i decided to ask on line and Adam Pestridge has a bundle of good video's regarding this and he suggested one that i have been looking at, i cleaned all of Orbx out f my computer last night and i am going to load all my Orbx stuff today following your and his suggestions and one thing i did not know is to set up the scenery library properly this is today's job.

Cheers

Terence

Hello Nick,

Orbx is addictive, anyway i purchased OpenLC Europe which i think i installed properly, i then installed TerraFlora v2 and Building HD, i did fly over London and to be honest i think i lost some scenery could not see any buildings that i thought i had before and lost bridges, can you have a look and let me know or do i have to install other regions to make this work.

Cheers

Terence

Screenshot 2021-02-16 213209.png

Screenshot 2021-02-16 213236.png

Screenshot 2021-02-16 213447.png

Screenshot 2021-02-16 213848.png

Hello,

you should not have lost anything.

Before going any further, try going to somewhere that you think is less good and take a screen shot.

Save a Flight at that location, untick openLC in the scenery library and restart the simulator.

Then load the saved flight, take a screenshot and compare the two.

Archived