Download issue and now X plane will not load

johnboy237

Hi

I purchased Great Britain South X Plane 11 last week. However when I try to install, it converts about 1000 / 11880 files and then the computer turns off.

Also now when I try to now load X plane it gives the message in attachment and when I select 'understood' the programme closes.

Help please!

IMG_2047.jpeg

Welcome to the forums. Sorry about your problem.

The message is typical of not having enough free disk space available.
Please read the link  and ensure you meet ALL the requirements.
Particular attention needs to be made to the references to free disk space both on the disk to which downloads go into your Temp folder and the free space required for the installation.
Guides on how to move your Temp  folder if required are also in the link.
Failure to convert the files is a strong indication of not enough free disk space on either the C drive where Windows places your Temp drive by default, or the drive you are wanting to install on. 

I agree that the free space is OK, but your PC specs do not meet the minimum requirement to run XP especially with demanding scenery addons like TEGB South, nor running Windows 7 (with SP1?)

Do  you have the required prerequisites installed?

I would also suggest that you check the Settings of Orbx Central/Settings/Downloader in the Concurrency section and the Conversions section

You need to make sure that the Concurrency section regarding your Disk is correct and in the Conversions section you need to set your setting to Low because of your PC specs.

811441536_Conversionsetting.thumb.JPG.1fe23623eeaae1f5c97f01a682bd9262.JPG

Hi Jon - thanks again. I'll check those requirements (though I have installed all updates for windows 7 that I thought was available) and also try installing with the lower settings. I'm waiting for a new computer to be built once the components become available (nvidia 3080 and Rysen 9 5950X) so that should sort it out in the longer term.

Your new PC will have no problems, but do suggest Windows 10. VRAM is a big factor in the sims nowadays as the scenery and airport addons become more sophisticated and detailed with the advent of new technologies like PBR etc and are more suited to the abilities of later version of Operating Systems.. Look for a GPU with high VRAM. at least 8GB if not more.

Archived