Alaska

I have been using Orbx TrueEarth  for the West Coast of the USA. Very happy.  I want to fly more in Alaska and since there does not appear to be TrueEarth Alaska for X-Plane, plan to install OrthoScenery.   Will I have to create two separate Custom Scenery files in X-Plane or can I just add the Ortho files to the existing file and let them coexist with the Orbx TrueEarth files?  Where do the Ortho files go relative to the TrueEarth files for correct hierarchy?   What questions shold I be asking that I have not thought of?

Thank you,

SR

I assume your re referring to ortho4xp?

What ever the scenery you are referring to is, yes it can go into the existing Custom Scenery folder. 

The files will be large and will affect your disk space quite a bit. if you have another decent speed disk drive the you may wish to consider installing the Alaska scenery onto that other disk. You can then make shortcuts or symbolic links to that scenery and place those links into the Custom Scenery.

The scenery_packs.ini layering sequence should be:

All the Orbx TE addons directly under Global Airports

Then I suggest all your Libraries like MisterX etc

Then your ortho4xp Overlay file(s)

Then the actual ortho4xp files.

I am attaching my own scenery_packs.ini for you to look at and copy the structure/hierarchy if you wish.

scenery_packs.ini

Archived