Only plain satellite photos loading with no objects

d28347

I have installed Great Britain South onto the local hard disk. xplane I think I have installed on the cloud. When I load up xplane to fly over London, all I see is the satellite photos on the ground, but absolutely zero objects generated. Just static satellite photos. For example, there are no cars, no trees and even objects like the millennium dome is just a flat image. This is obviously not working as it should and I can't find a solution. Please advise??

Welcome to the forums.

Do you have 4 files for TEGB South installed?

They should be :

TEGB South airports

Custom

Overlay

Orthos

Please confirm.

Also you must have your Word Objects settings in XP/Settings/Graphics at maximum slider to the right in order to see autogen etc.

If you have all the files then it could also be a matter of the scenery_packs.ini being wrongly layered so please attach a copy (not a pic but an attached copy)

Thanks. This started to work after i moved the order of the .ini file and it started working great. But all of a sudden while in flight I got an error similar to the attached screenshot, and then X plane closes down. Every time I try to 'resume flight' i get the same error message. I have tried to play around with the order of the .ini file but this has not fixed it. The only thing that changed was that I also installed North and Central GB, but I was able to fly after this for some time before it all completely broke...here is my .ini file:

Thank you for your help!

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports 2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom 2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay 2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos 2/

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 13.33.18.png

I did ask for an attached copy and not a pic of your scenery_packs.ini.Tha was/is in case I need to make changes.

Your pic now shows that somehow in you Custom Scenery folder you have 2 copies of TEGB South. How has that happened? Orbx Central would require you to uninstall one copy so i am unsure how you are showing 2 copies. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.977aaf6edd5284ce6cad33b4af24c09f.JPG

The message is typical of not having enough free disk space available.
Please read the link  and ensure you meet ALL the requirements.
Particular attention needs to be made to the references to free disk space both on the disk to which downloads go into your Temp folder and the free space required for the installation.
Guides on how to move your Temp  folder if required are also in the link.
Failure to convert the files is a strong indication of not enough free disk space on either the C drive where Windows places your Temp drive by default, or the drive you are wanting to install on. 

Thank you. I tried to move the original installation and that must have created a copy of some sort. Anyway i have uninstalled GB south, deleted some stray files. Now no scenery loads, its just all default. Before i uninstalled GB south - i checked and i have 600gb of available space on that hard drive.

I am going to uninstall everything and start again from the beginning. I have to say, so far this is a complete waste of money. No add-on should be this complicated. I shouldn't need a degree in computing to do this.

THanks for your help. I'll come back if it STILL doesn't work!

As you can see, the hard disk has nearly 800GB free space.

I deleted X plane, after uninstalling all the Orbx scenery. I reinstalled xplane, updated it, reinstalled GB South and now X plane loads but the scenery doesn't show. I look at the .ini file and there is no reference at all in there to the Orbx scenery. See attached. I would really appreciate getting this sorted, it has taken hours and is most frustrating. THank you for your help.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 18.54.06.png

scenery_packs.ini

When you downloaded and reinstalled TEGB South, where did you direct the download to go to?

Your pic doesn't show the disk that Orbx library is on vs what your XP installation is on.

If you have reinstalled XP as well is it on the same drive as before?

This looks like a matter of getting your Orbx Library to link to your new XP installation.

Attach a pic of what is in your Orbx library please.

Your new Orbx Temp folder for downloads should not be in the XP directory. It can be on the same disk but you seem to have put it in the XP directory itself.

I moved the orbs scenery folders into the custom scenery folder in xplane, added the lines into the .ini file and now it works.

I am now downloading and installing (again) GB central and I will be sure to let you know if I get stuck again.

This is easily the most unintuitive difficult gaming purchase, I can’t quite believe this is all so difficult and complicated. Even without making the process simpler, if you just put the basic requirements and how it all works somewhere in the purchase page it might save you a lot of hassle, and everybody making the purchase! It’s mind-boggling why Orbx just can’t make this plug and play!

The process is designed to allow especially True Earth addons to be downloaded and installed as best as possible and to save bandwidth both  for Orbx and customers.

The TE addons are huge and over over 100GB when installed. To offer a +100GB download is not acceptable regarding bandwidth use especially as many customers have limited/monthly bandwidth usage.

Orbx Central will download a compressed file consisting of many, many zipped files to reduce the initial download size.

Orbx Central then needs to unzip all the zipped files.

HD version of TE addons are shipped as jpg ortho files, again to reduce the initial download size but have to be converted to DDS format files in order to be seen in XP. DDS format files are at least twice the size of jpg files.

All this is done via the Orbx Central tool. If it wasn't done this way it would cause enormous issues both regarding size of download files, bandwidth usage, and installation problems.

There is also an Orbx Central User Guide which explains exactly how to install nad all other aspects of what and how to do things in the sims be it FSX/P3D, XP and now MSFS.

I attach a copy if you for you if you didn't or haven't read it yet. It is available at the product page in Orbx Direct. Well worth  a read to fully understand the process especially pertaining to TE addons.

I know of no Plug&Play addons of the size of files that TE addons are. I also know of no other addons that are like TE addons. Only Ortho4xp which also takes a large download size followed by conversions to DDS and bear no resemblance in quality or content to  TE addon.

Airport addons are very straight forward as they are relatively miniscule compared to TE addons.

Central User Guide.pdf

Archived