To paraphrase "Just the two"

Taph

Great shots mate ... ahhh brings back memories from when i was in the RAAF. Actually i've flown a few times in the Caribou while i was at Richmond, the "Gravel Trucks" they were affectionately known.

Tell you what once flew from Richmond to Point Cook into a headwind and no word of a lie we were flying so slow i thought we were going backwards.

But all in all they have been great work horses alongside our C130s.

Cheers

It is basically a Caribou with turboprops and the horizontal tail thingies (stabilisors?) stuck on top. God those planes are great. Beaver, Caribou, really my favourite bushplanes. On an empty plane you don't look ahead to the runway on take off but instead you can start looking up as it really only takes a few feet to get airborne. ;D

Stunning shots mate, love the second one and thanks cuz I didn't know there was a Buffalo for this sim. :D

Gday Erik, thanks for that info mate. Yes our Caribous over here dont have that tail section stuck on top and ours arent turboprops either, but i can tell you they are bloody noisy things to fly in, no wonder we call them gravel trucks LOL.

Archived