4 files failed to extract - Northern California SD

mijnagol

I've tried to download and run Northern California SD version 4 times...I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried it both in the Library and in xplane option.  I always get the same message on installation "4 files failed to extract".  This causes xplane to crash to desktop.  I am running a new Mac i9 with Catalina and plenty of storage space and the version of xplane 11 that was current before the update that they are trying to get everyone to go to now, so this should be working.  

Any help is appreciated.  This seems similar to another problem, but I haven't seen anyone have the same problem with the SD version

A bit more information - xplane seems to ctd only when I try to start a flight in the Northern California area.  If I start a flight outside of the area in the Northern California Orbx area, it seems to work fine...so those 4 files not extracting seem to be the problem.

So, I seem to have solved the problem after spending a large part of the day reading this forum.  users with similar problems were often told to get rid of their backup files and uncheck the backup box on the settings.  I removed everything, did a fresh install of Central and Northern California SD, this time with no backup, and it worked....Looks good now.  Evidently something about the first install, even though it seemed to have no problem, caused 4 files not to verify the first time and even after they were reinstalled, as they reinstall from the backup that is made from the first install...so you have to get rid of the backups if you have this problem and do another complete install.  If I am wrong on this, hopefully someone will let us know.

Archived