Vector really impacting framerate. How can I minimize this issue?

I recently installed Vector for P3dv5 and find that it is causing a major fps hit to my system. I usually keep my sim set at 30fps, but in more remote areas my fps will drop to the low 20's. In dense areas with addon airports (Drezwiecki Design Sea Tac specifically), my frames are sitting at 10-12. This varys with the aircraft I am using but, once I uninstalled Vector I was able to get back to 29-30fps immediately. Are there certain settings that I should be reducing in p3d to make this usable? (Draw distance, Autogen density, etc?). My CPU is a i7-9700k running at 4.9ghz and my GPU is a Nvidia 1070. I don't know what is hit harder with Vector the GPU or CPU, but one of the two is having issues keeping up.

Hello,

you don't need to uninstall Vector, you can just untick it in the add-ons list before you fly.

You could try disabling all of its additional features in its control panel.

Yeas ago, there was quite a heated debate over the impact that Vector had, on FSX as

it was then. The truth was that the impact was minimal and the improvement in the

appearance of the scenery more than made up for that.

You could try using P3D v5 without Vector for now and see if you find its own updated

vector data to be to your taste.

Archived