YBBN no taxiway lights even after JVs files

Conchulio

Hello OrbX team,

i just wanted to say that after installing the files John Venema so kindly put in " [YBBN PATCHES] - New features and enhancement coming in V1.1 and V1.2! " i still have no taxiway lights during the night.

I don't know if this will be the final fix in your incoming patch but i wanted you to know that is did not work out right, at least for me.

Btw, all taxiway lights in YMML are there, so it is only YBBN.

Conchi

I cant find the post where John gave you those files but i expect one of the files will be a texture file. That texture file ending .bmp needs to go into the \effects\texture folder not just into the \effects folder.

Russ.

Ah, fantastic.....thanks Serge  :)

That confirms it then, you are most likely missing the .bmp halo texture that those .fx files use. This will be in the soon to be released patch.

Russ.

Ah, alright. Well, then i have to wear night vision googles like the in the army  ;D ;D

By the way Russ, i more or less can fly now again to and from YBBN without major performance problems as i did the very first time when i installed YBBN.

Still, every approach, especially during dawn or dusk towards RWY 19 is breathtaking! Awesome work! (i know its been said many times already ;) )

Conchi

Hi Conchi,

I am not sure why you do not see the taxiway lights at YBBN as they are the same lights that were used with YMML. Meaning if you can see them at YMML, they should work at YBBN.

In your effects folder can you see if you have the following effects

ORBX_TGreen_Ctrl.fx

fx_Orbx_YMML_TGreen.fx

In the Effects\Texture folder there should be fx_YMML_orbx.bmp

Finally check what Orbxlibs version you have.

Hi Conchi,

I am not sure why you do not see the taxiway lights at YBBN as they are the same lights that were used with YMML. Meaning if you can see them at YMML, they should work at YBBN.

In your effects folder can you see if you have the following effects

ORBX_TGreen_Ctrl.fx

fx_Orbx_YMML_TGreen.fx

In the Effects\Texture folder there should be fx_YMML_orbx.bmp

Finally check what Orbxlibs version you have.

Everything is there Martin. I also have the latest Orbxlibs, downloaded from your webside.  I think i just have to wait for the patch in order to make it work. But that's ok.

Conchi

Archived