Orbx shadows

Bryan Reed

This is a topic that relates to a well known issue with XP Vulkan. It is where your CPU/GPU is not able to keep up loading the scenery. It is not an addon issue I assure you. There are plenty of form discussions you can refer to about this.

Can I ask if you get the same issue occurring if you fly a default Cessna 172 for example, i.e. a low and slow?

Please test. Also what are your PC specs and your XP settings?

Post a pic of your XP settings please.

I think that my assumption about the blue "shadows" being caused by the PC unable to keep up, is probably correct. No issues flying a less detailed plane at slower speeds seems to confirm that there is no problem with the addon.

Your scenery_packs.ini looks fine.

I can suggest that maybe you could try the SD version of Florida and see if the difference between ZL17 down to ZL 16 improves matters. I use SD. If you are flying tubeliners then the HD version is  not really of any benefit as that version is mainly suited for lower level VFR flying as the resolution at lower level is one step up from the SD level. Flying at over 2000-25000ft and I see no difference in resolution at all.

Something you may wish to consider.

Archived