Orbx cannot find my Flight sim

Mochafd

Hi All

I want to expand my scenery but unable to loads the things I have at present

I have tried to reinstall Orbx after fitting a new drive, I am told that I have another Orbx running I have deleted every thing conected to Orbx but still I am told I have other Orbx running , or that central cannot  load or find my Flight sim ( it is  XPlane 11 ) has anyone had this problem.

Also I canot seem to be able to download Central 

Any Hellp appreciated 

Do you still have Orbx Central installed in Users/yourname/AppData/Local/Programs/Orbx central?

If so delete the lot.

Reboot your PC

Have you installed XP on the new disk as well?

Download and install Orbx Central. When installed try opening it to see if it runs OK.

What exactly are you trying to reinstall addon wise? Where are you trying to install it to? 

Is the new disk the one with XP on it or is it just for addons? If so have you created a Library for the addons?

Hi Jon,

Thanks for getting back. When I start Orbx Central up now I get a error saying it can't find any simulators installed. However when I select Xplane 11 and point it to the installed location it tells me it can't update the registry and I should try running as admin.  It does this even though I get the UAC prompt when running so know it's running as admin.

image.png.1f44f2be3fa9d7ee80e67fc4c49a9f8c.png

I acknowledge what you are reporting but you have not answered my questions. I need those answered please:

1.Do you still have Orbx Central installed in Users/yourname/AppData/Local/Programs/Orbx central?

2. Have you installed XP on the new disk as well?

3. What exactly are you trying to reinstall addon wise? Where are you trying to install it to? 

4. Is the new disk the one with XP on it or is it just for addons? If so have you created a Library for the addons?

if you are still installing XP on the C drive I strongly suggest you reinstall it to the new drive.

A Sim on C drive has all kinds of permissions problems which is why most people will install it on another drive.

Archived