Money deducted from account but products not received

maxmck

Hi,

Operating system: Windows

Simulator: N/A

Screenshot: N/A

Issue: I recently spent 158.53 AUD on a collection of products but as soon as the transaction was completed via PayPal, the window dissapeared and Orbx central was left unchanged (i.e. no recognition of payment whatsoever). The products are still in my cart. 

I used the new PayPal/Bancontact option as I live in Belgium. The money was debited from my account, see attached PDF. From searching I saw another user had this issue who was also using Bancontact. He eventually asked his bank for a refund and was able to purchase via the standalone PayPal option (no Bancontact). This is extremely worrying and I hope I can resolve this issue without losing money. Do I have to ask my bank for a refund or is there any other way this can be solved?

I have attached my Orbx central log file.

Happy Christmas.

Kind regards,
Max

central.log ING_Extract_202012252034225385151420423286882237 (1).pdf

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have issued a support ticket, although I forgot to attach the log file and the PDF I attached in the original post. I feared that that would result in me not getting a reply, since you guys must get a lot of users who forget to attach information. 

Is there anything else I can do at this time?

Kind regards,

Max

Sorry, I missed a part of your post. I see now, then what I'll do is wait until the 28th to see what happens. I assumed that something went wrong as there was no indication on Orbx's end that the transaction was recognized. I'll post back here on the 28th.

Hi Nick,

I've just received the following email from PayPal:

image.png.c63179cd9b5d4964db3d2171f2f0f186.png

And I was now able to complete my purchase via the normal PayPal option. The Orbx implementation of Bancontact does not seem to be working.

The issue is now solved since I assume I will be issued a refund. If I receive any further support from the ticket I opened I'll explain what went wrong in detail.

If you have the power to do so, I'd recommend raising this issue with someone who is able to make changes to payment options. It seems that Bancontact is not a viable way to purchase products and could lead to a lot of frustration or distrust with future customers.

Nonetheless, thank you for your quick response. I hope this post helps people who may struggle with this in the future if the option is not removed.

Kind regards,
Max

Archived