terraflora trees not working

vic101

You will have default airports some of which will have trees in the package.

regardless, Terra flora replaces forest's trees as described. It also renders the more typical trees, in a forest, for that region. They will be X shaped as was described by Tony Wrobleski:

"Short answer is yes, this is how we have to render trees in XP (and P3D). There is no magic solution, anything other than simple x-shaped billboards for large areas would be unusable in these sims as they simply aren't designed to handle it. Florida is no exception, it's a compromise so that the scenery is actually flyable and still contains dense vegetation. It's a platform limitation and not something that was done on purpose.

X-Plane also has a well-known issue with how it lights tree billboards (they self shadow and glow in one direction). This looks like it won't be fixed for X-Plane 11 and is something we need to wait for a next-gen engine for."

well sorry but then the Orbx "realistic HD trees" marketing is very misleading. I read the description very carefully and nowhere does it mention tress remain in their flat x shape. It looks ridiculous in VR. I think its time to switch over to MSFS2020.

another thing I notice is that my product in Orbx shows I have terraflora installed but without the "2". The manual shows the product should be terraflora2!.

The manual also show a way to configure terraflora coulours and seasons but I cannot find those settings anywhere!??

Untitled.thumb.png.5f81c160bc200b76f9129a97ce61fbe6.png

I am thinking you do not have the XP version of Terra Flora. There is no Control Panel for Terra flora in XP. XP has no seasons, and the options shown in your pic of the Control Panel all refer to P3D.

Terra Flora v2 is for P3D

Here are 2 screenshots from Orbx Direct for the 2 addons.

TERRA FLORA v2 P3D

Capture.thumb.JPG.a6294c400525c42b8ae04f070d26bcab.JPG

TERRA FLORA XP

1442362837_XPFlora.thumb.JPG.9b56c17f7d43c99373f2a8d118ab50a0.JPG

Archived