P3D Crashing after Kelowna Airport Install - Fix included

bigmarty

I recently installed the Orbx Kelowna airport. After this install P3D V5.1 started crashing 2 or 3 minutes after takeoff. I uninstalled the airport but the crashes have continued.  The crash does not occur when flying out of a different airport.

Does it sound like the Kelowna airport install created some kind of conflict that remains when the download is uninstalled, or perhaps there is another solution to this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank  you.

Martin

Hello,

thanks.

The fact that the problem persists even after the addon product has been removed,

might point to a pre-existing problem perhaps?

For the record, I cannot replicate the error with or without the airport.

Support for this product is by its developers.

This product has been produced by FSimStudios. For FSimStudios product support, please to go https://www.fsimstudios.com/customer-service

I contacted FSimstudios as suggested and here is what they had to say:

"Hello Martin,

This is in fact a known issue with SODE on P3D v5.1. The developers from SODE figured out that one setting introduced on P3D v5.1 was making one of their modules crash. Thankfully, there is a simple solution you can apply: 

(...) you can try adding the following entry to the [SIM] section of the Prepar3D.cfg to prevent the crash:
 [SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False  
Note: There should only be one [SIM] section in the Prepar3D.cfg. If the [SIM] section already exists, you only need to add AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False.

Gabriel V.
FSimStudios Developer"

I added the line to the Prepar3d.cfg file and this seems to have solved the problem. I am posting this in case someone else encounters the same issue.

Thanks very much for you help.
Martin

• Nick Cooper changed the title to P3D Crashing after Kelowna Airport Install - Fix included

Archived