KSJC - FPS drops significantly on final

Hello all, so I understand that maybe San Jose is not the best performing scenery, when on approach and on the group, I get anywhere from 20-35FPS, which is decent, still flyable, however when on final, so about 2 DME from the runway, my FPS drops significantly, down to sub 15FPS, occasionally as low as 5FPS, which at that point, landing becomes really hard. My FPS goes back up to about the mid-20s when on the runway and slowed down a bit. If I overfly the airport, as you sometimes do on departure, I have no FPS issues despite the airport looking fully loaded in. This happens with several types of aircraft too and no addon airports at the surrounding airports (such as KSFO or KOAK). At first I thought this may been an issue of texture size, but turning down my textures in P3D to 1024x1024 made no evident difference. I've played with the P3D autogen settings, having the density high, distance low; density low, distance high but still see this large FPS drop on final. I've also done some basic troubleshooting steps, including lowering the settings for KSJC in Orbx Central, but still have this issue. I've attached my .cfg, and I would greatly appreciate any help :)

Prepar3D.cfg

On 12/13/2020 at 12:30 AM, davidzill said:

Do you have True Earth Northern California?

I do not have True Earth NorCal, however it doesn't seem that not having it would causes issues as I know others who also have KSJC, and neither True Earth NorCal or Orbx Regions NorCal and do not have this large FPS drop.

• 1 month later...

Archived