No Dynamic Light at LOWI (V1.30) in P3Dv5.1 HF1

max303

Hi devs,

first of all, i love your sceneries. Escpecially LOWI as my hometown.
I read all forum threads back to 2017 about the same problems, that the LOWI scenery has no dyncimc lights at approch and after landing at night.
When you start tat LOWI, no Problem, everything is correctly displayed.

Since this problem is so old and not resolved until now, i habe some strange behaviour of the Configuration Page encountered. See at the atteched screenshot.

If i wann choose at the Option (P3Dv4 Airport Dynamic Light) between "P3Dv4 Dynamic Lightning" or the "Legacy rendering Night Lightning", i can tick an option which setting i want to have.

But if i close the Orbx Simulation System and open it again, the options are gone, meanly not saved.
Can this be the problem that the Optionsaver doesn´t work properly?

tUrLXxZ.png

All other sceneries with dynamic lighning are working as they sholud.

No shaders or any other stuff installed. All started and installed as administrator. And this problem consists not as Prepar3dv5 exists.

I´m just searching such for a solution for a proper use. 

Kind regards

Martin Flecker

• max303 changed the title to No Dynamic Light at LOWI (V1.30) in P3Dv5.1 HF1

Hello Martin,

typically, control panels stop working when either the files that are to be renamed are missing or

that both versions are present at the same time.

In this case, the files to check are:

A ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\scenery\Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl
B ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\scenery\Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL.OFF

A ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds
B ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds.dynamic

A ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds
B ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds.legacy

If you find both versions, delete either all the A versions or all the B versions but not a mixture.

That part of the control panel should then work again.

Hi Nick, many thx for your quick answer!
Nice customer service!

For your info, the LOWI scenery is fully updated.

I checked the files:

A Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\scenery\Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl
B Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\scenery\Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL.OFF

The "Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.bgl" is the only file.

The "Westsim_LOWI_Placement_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL.OFF" is not in the folder.

So the Control Panel should not stopped working, or rememeber my setting i made for dynamic lightning.

A Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds
B Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds.dynamic

A Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds
B Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture\Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds.legacy

But this files are missing completely in my folder, see attached screeenhot.

lzj0Cqi.png

Is there anything wrong at my installation or has it something to do with the settings i made in the LOWI Configurator?

Again, thx for your quick answer, maybe we find a solution for the missing dynamic light at night when approaching LOWI.

Kind regards!

Martin

Addendum:

I have checked some other sceneries at a friends PC:
There are many hints in the forums about other sceneries, where Dynamic Light is not working at the approach of the airport, like ESSA, LEBB, etc...
All these mentioned sceneries, where the problem with dynamic lightning is happening at approch, they have the following file inside the scenery file: LEBB_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL
My friend told me, that the dynamic lightning is working flawlessly at EGSS (Gothenburg) and there is no EGSS_P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL inside, but instead a "OPTION_DynamicLights.BGL"

Could this be a problem, that the ..._P3Dv4_DynamicLighting.BGL is not optimised for P3Dv5 and that the controllerfile, for managing the Dynamic light, has problems with the build in Code by P3Dv5?

Happy to hear whats your opinion about that.

Regards

Martin Flecker

Hi Nick, i found the solution for my problem, that i cant activate and save the option "P3Dv4 Airport Dynamic Lightning"
Despite a complete reinstall of LOWI, there was still one file missing in my Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture folder.

It was the Westsim_LOWI_GP_NightSplash.dds that was missing. 

Even with a fresh installed LOWI, the installer dind´t drop this file in my texture folder.

So i asked a friend, to send me this file. Copied into Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_LOWI\texture.

Since then, the option to activate the "P3Dv4 Dynamic Lightning" was selectable and saved.

But it didn´t solved my problem, like many other useres reported in this forum with loosing Dynamic Lights when arriving at LOWI. Departing was never a problem, Dynamic Light still works. But arriving at the airport, the airport is complete dark in dusk/dawn/night situations.

You can mark this thread as closed.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Martin Flecker

Archived