100% CPU Usage when using True Earth (GB, Washington, Florida) Scenery

bobsleigh44

Hi,

I was wondering if it was normal to have varying degrees of maxed out (100%) CPU usage when using True Earth? This usually happens when I pan around but it also happens on its own as well. I have a Ryzen 3700X, so I'm a little surprised if TrueEarth really requires so much CPU usage. Is it because it is constantly de-compressing scenery file in the background or something?

Thanks!

• bobsleigh44 changed the title to 100% CPU Usage when using True Earth (GB, Washington, Florida) Scenery

It depends on your PC specs. XPlane and most flight sims at present are CPU heavy but not 100% to my knowledge. The XP settings clearly define what are GPU affected settings and what are CPU affected settings. The XP settings/Graphics page is  in 2 parts of left hand section of Texture Quality, HDR, AA etc which are all GPU demanding. The right hand section of World Objects, Reflections, Draw parked aircraft etc are CPU demanding.

Reflections settings are extremely demanding on the CPU. You may need to adjust your XP settings

I don't know your XP settings so i am just informing you of where to look at testing to see if you can lower your CPU demand.

Capture.thumb.JPG.fd3d5b0e4059e0365aa12fc0142a6d2b.JPG

Archived