Orbx updates always removes 10 of my add -on airports

rick_hang

Hi Orbx Forum

Whenever I update Orbx or verify Orbx files. all of my other add-on airports are removed. Then I have to re-install them all over again.

My fellow Flight Simmer has the same problem. We tried to fix this by un-checking the add on airports in the Sim, but to no avail. The add- ons had to be reinstalled.

I think on over the last few years we have installed Fly Tampa many, many times, thank goodness our down loads remain. This has been an ongoing problem for many years.

Has anyone else have this problem and is there a fix as re-installing my 10 add on airports every time is very time consuming.

Hope this problem can be resolved.

Thanks

Richard SWAN

Hello Richard,

there isn't anything in Orbx Central that has the ability to delete files from another developer.

Like any installer, it can only remove what it installed in the first place.

It can and does re-arrange the scenery library, but once again, only moving Orbx entries.

This might displace other developers' add-ons or scenery library entries but it does not remove them.

If, as you state, your other addons are being wiped from the PC, I suspect that there must be something

else going on that has nothing to do with Orbx or Orbx Central.

Hi Nick

Thank you for your assistance and help. Orbx does not delete the Add on airports but changes them,eg, Fly Tampa YSSY gate 10 heavy dissapears after I change or verify scenery in Orbx, so it definitely does change the jetways and full scenery.(I lose the IKEA Building so I know it has changed) After I have updated Orbx Gate 10 changes to Gate 10 small. This change of jetways is in all my add ons and my only way to fix is to re-install all my add on airports. My friend and I have had to do this for a long time.

Also it is only Orbx that changes all my add ons, If I buy a new airport from another company, none of my add on airports change. 

I discovered this problem a long time ago when I load a saved Scenario after making changes to Orbx. 

Hope this can give you a bit more info

Best Regards

Richard

Hello Richard,

thanks for clarifying.

It reads more like a question of compatibility, for which we have a Compatibility Forum.

Here is one topic on the subject of YSSY

All of the Orbx regions contain airports now, so if you already have another addon airport,

you would need to disable the Orbx version that came with the region.

Of course you must also place your other developers' addon airports above the Orbx regions as well.

Hi Nick

No luck Nick, the .bgl files were automatically switched to OFF by AustraliaV2.(I ticked the Fly Tampa Box and Lorby correctly positioned my scenery folder add on airports.)

I am not running Vector scenery.

I am still unable to fix this problem, I remember in early P3DV's we had this problem, and the problem is still with me.

If Orbx has the same default scenerie's as my add on's, why doesn't  the other company add on airports affect Fly Tampa etc? It is only Orbx updates or changes that change my 3rd party addon's.

I visited the compatibility forum and no one mentioned this problem. Hope you can help me with other fixes please.

Regards

Richard SWAN

Hi Nick

Thank you for your time with my problem.

I have checked the following:

I have Prepar3DV5.1

My Fly Tampa V2 does not Have LC scenery in the scenery folder

Lorby SI has arranged the Scenery in the correct position in the scenery folder

All the bgl. files have been turned off for Fly Tampa as per your link to the comparability Forum (Thank You)

In Prepar3DV4 we did all the modification elevation, bgl files LC scenery untick, but any alteration to Orbx, Fly Tampa would change.

It has been so regular that I leave my Fly Tampa Installation folder on the desktop permanently.

My Flight Beam Airports also suffer being changed, after Orbx changes or alterations.

My question is: Why does any alteration to Orbx (Verifying files, updating Orbx scenery, buying Orbx airports) not only change Fly Tampa YSSY

but change my other add on airports: NZWN,WSSS,KSFO, KLAX.KJFK,YPAD,KLAS,KBOS,KDEN,KAITECK

I am at a loss to find the reason why this happens every time I adjust Orbx

WE have been fixing, reinstalling Fly Tampa for many years, but lately, all my other airports are affected,

Sorry to keep bothering you but maybe someone else in the forum is having this problem, not only with Fly Tamp being affected,, but other add on airports as well.

Nick, If I do not touch Orbx at all, I add other 3rd Party Add on Airports, update add-on airports, delete and reinstall add on airports, nothing happens to any of my airports in the Sim, Fly Tampa YSSY and all the other airports are not changed at all.

Again I thank you for your time.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a great new year.

Regards

Richard SWAN

Archived