Black squares and incorrect texture after reinstall in P3Dv5.

Deepseat

I know this issue is common, I've seen it all over the web and I've honestly tried what is within my ability, I just need more direct help. 

I have 26 Orbx products but my Base Transaction ID/Order number is: 5a34390361b8f.

I am running Base, Vector, Open LC NA, I have the current library downloaded, only Object Flow installed, and I'm officially out of my league when it comes to this stuff. I fly a King Air C90B in real life, but am not well versed sim files and file manipulation. I'm running all kinds of pay-0ware airports from FlightBeam, FSDreamteam, Aerosoft, FlyTampa, and aircraft from companies like PMDG, FSLabs, Aerosoft, A2A and a few others.

When I purchased a new CPU and installed everything from scratch, I did test runs and everything seemed to be fine with Global Base. It was when I went to install Vector and Open LC NA that things went wrong.

I have done 3 full uninstalls and reinstalls and the issue keeps coming back.

I suspect some addon airports may also be involved here, but I'm not sure. Like I said, I consider myself a fairly competent human, but I am a bit green when it comes to flight sim files and troubleshooting, so please be gentle. ;)

I'll provide some screenshots tomorrow when I get back home, and would appreciate any help on this matter.

My PC spec are:

i9-10850K

GTX 1070

32GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this is the most likely solution to your problem.

Hey Nick,

First of all, FIXED!!

I had come across that post in a Google search and gave it a try but must have done something wrong or in the wrong order. 

for anyone reading this, I found my lclookup.bgl file in my root folder I named Prepar3D v5\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base\Landclass\scenery

I renamed it to lclookup.bgl.off 

I then went Orbx Central and verified files for Libraries. 

After this I went into my %AppData% to find my P3D config file and deleted and restarted my computer.

When I started up my sim snd began a scenario, I instantly knew something was better because everything seemed to be running better. Very try ing was “snappier” if that makes any sense and i as experiencing a small gain in FPS and performance smoothness. I’m not sure what the reason for this is, but I’m not complaining.

For the first time in my simming experiences, I’m able to use all my addons, crank the graphics and get the performance and visuals I have always been after.

Thank you so much. Doing airliner flights from cold and dark to finish is an absolute joy now. 

Archived