Backup Files

seattlereigns

Before i can advise you I need a bit more clarification regarding those files. Are they the official Backup files that are put into location on your C drive after the installation as shown in my attached pic?

If so, then you have an option to make Backups of your addons or not. By default the option is enabled and will put the Backups into the C drive/AppData/Roaming/Orbx/central/backup folder.

These can be deleted if you want and the option to make Backups unticked.

They are used so that when you run options like Verify Files it will check and then use any missing files from the Backup copy rather than downloading new ones. Also if you need to reinstall, it will make the reinstallation from the Backup copy. I personally have it switched off as I have excellent Fibre internet and a fresh new download is only a matter of minutes. It therefore doesn't require a backup copy using up Disk space. if you still do want Backups, but not stored in the default location of C drive, you can always Edit the path to a new folder you can create on a different Disk, like a dedicated storage disk.

2038169026_Backupslocation.thumb.JPG.e82c924f48011a3b7316e95032fa116d.JPG

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, these are the official backup files. I set up the locations into the Downloader as my E: partition which is solely dedicated to X-Plane. My Downloader is shown below as is the results in my E: partition.

I do not have fiber. My typical download speed that I could see during the process was around 100 mbps, so it still took a couple of hours, which is not too bad. So I suppose I could delete these backups in that case. But if I keep them, how would I use them? It is not obvious to me how I would reinstall from the files in the us-oregon-sd-xp11  folder, for instance.  Nor do I understand what the orbxlibs-xp11 folder contains and how it is used.  Perhaps you could clarify?

Thank you again. Stay well.

SR

orbx Downloader.JPG

E - Partition.JPG

Orbxlibs is a library of models etc that are used in the airport scenery addons. They are a must for airport addons. If you open the OrbxLibs folder you will see what is in there as in the pic below. 

The backup files are used by Orbx Central if you need to reinstall an addon or to Verify files. it saves you downloading the addon again. Particularly useful if you don't have a good internet connection.

Capture.thumb.JPG.3dbf8c91d7634b8fccad2562a8158109.JPG

Archived