southern california SD install issues

Ales Zerovec

Welcome

I need more info plus an attached copy of your XP log from your XP directory.

I also need a copy of your Orbx central log file available via Orbx Central/Help/Open Log as per attached. Do you meet ALL the requirements for installing a True Earth  addon, especially the location and free space of your download Temp folder drive (by default it is your C drive) and the free space on your installation drive.

See this link

1859008287_OpenCentralLog.thumb.JPG.9c7a0c2da40f5e35890dcc3e287f7089.JPG

Having an issue updating X-Plane 11 libraries and Socal. I have also downloaded one free msfs airport (OG20) which I did before trying the x-plane 11 update. I think that central may be confused about what sim I am using. Central log attached. I also get an error when I try to sync the simulator.

John.

central.log

@Ales Zerovec How much free space have you got on your C drive?

Your download is being placed on your C drive initially and then you want it to install on the D drive. What free space have you got on your D drive?

Currently your C drive would need at least 65GB of free space and your D drive about 60GB pf free space.

@jcallum Please make a new post in this support forum as you are not having the same problems as the originator of this post. We like to keep the issues separate so we can close out a topic when that customers issues have been resolved.

Your issues are regarding updating an installed product. Make sure please that you tell me exactly what the problem is. What are the XP libraries you are referring to for example? Are you referring to the OrbxLibs library?

Dear Jon,

i have resent the log and central files.

I have reinstalled the scenery so now both the xp11 and scenery are on disc D which has 700GB of free space. Disc C has now 100GB of free space.

The xp is working now if i set an airport in europe but if i set to south calif it stops responding when reading new scenery files.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK and make a new folder called Custom Scenery.From the .BAK folder drag and drop the SoCal folders into the new Custom Scenery folder. Also drag and drop the Global Airports folder. 

Restart XP and exit.Open the new Custom Scenery folder and open the scenery packs.ini file. Make sure that the layering is with the SoCal airports file above Global Airports and the  Custom/Overlay and Orthos, in that order are below Global Airports.

Try a flight in a Socal area and report back.

I have done the proces described above. The folders i have draged and droped are :socal airports, socal te custom,  socal te overlay, socal te orthos and global airports.

I could start it now but the scenery is still the same (almost no buildings, only some traffic).

The custom scenery now contains only the ini file scenery packs and it says :

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

Please attach the scenery_packs file. If the scenery_packs .ini only says what you describe then something major is wrong as it would indicate that the files you dragged and dropped are not there !!

Also I need a pic of your XP graphics settings

Please confirm that you will attach the configuration copy of the scenery_packs.ini as shown in my attached pic

Capture3.JPG.9b14380280675b681f48c2752a0ef717.JPG

Are the files still in your old Custom Scenery folder. The one I had you name as Custom Scenery.BAK because the pic above shows me that those files were not dropped into the new Custom Scenery folder. If thet are there then I now suggest that you right click on each one and select Copy and the open the new Custom Scenery folder and click on Paste.Make sure you copy all the folders i mentioned before and  make sure that the layering is with the SoCal airports file above Global Airports and the  Custom/Overlay and Orthos, in that order are below Global Airports.

The Settings options are available when you start XP as in the attached pic: Click on Settings and then look as in the second pic

Capture.thumb.JPG.b40cc2d9667f6ce9b1a9377b838616de.JPG

Look for Graphics:

1429296633_XPsettings.thumb.JPG.d5eec94836cbb1a876393365781e0b19.JPG

No other ones. Can you now open the new Custom Scenery folder and attach a pic to show that those files are now in there. If they are then also attach your scenery_packs.ini and I will check it.

Remember I also need a pic of your XP graphics settings which i have shown you how to get. 

OK that looks much better. You did not attach your scenery_packs.ini so i have made one for you. You need to place it into the Custom Scenery folder to replace the existing one.

scenery_packs.ini

Regarding your XP graphics settings you need to put the World Objects slider to Maximum ( as far right as the slider will go) otherwise you will not see buildings. If this proves too much for your PC then only lower it back down to the next notch to the left.

Report back.

That is great news. it has been a struggle but we got there. The addon is very large so it will take time to load. Just for your info, if you had the HD version it would take even longer to load up, that is why I also use the SD versions of the True earth addons:)

Archived