Orbx GBR South, Central and North not loading in X Plane 11

Wobbly Bob

I've recently installed a second hard drive, 1TB SSD, on my Razer. The idea is to run the X Plane 11 flight sim and all of the add ons solely on the new drive. X plane 11 works fine as well as the add on aircraft, 2 x Orbx airports and a couple of utilities. The program will not pick up and run any of the 3 Orbx scenery add ons, GBR North South and Central. I'm sure it's something like a 'missing link'. I've tried all of the fixes in Orbx Central.

Are the TEGB addons installed but not being seen by XP and/or Orbx Central?

How were the TEGB addons installed previously, directly into XP or in a created Library?

I assume you ran a fresh install of XP onto the new drive?

If so how did you add your previous downloads into the new Custom Scenery folder?

Hi Jon, thanks for the 1965383741_XPlane11b.jpg.6db1bbb212f35dea2c008dca1a319e29.jpgreply. You may have to bear with me with this, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

XP was a second fresh download into the new drive.

All of the addons are in Orbx Central, EGLC,EGHI North/Central and South TE, Orbx Libraries and SAM.

Both of the airports run ok as does X Plane 11. None of the TE's run.

The Orbx library is sitting outside the XP 11 Folder.

I purchased TE south some time ago and recently purchased the other two. North and central were definitely downloaded through Orbx Central, I'm unsure how I downloaded TE South

TE South is in the Custom scenery folder (Within XP 11) but not TE Central and North (these seem to be in the central folder only).

It may be long winded but would it be better to uninstall everything and start again/

Bob

X Plane 11 a.jpg

X Plane 11 c.jpg

I agree as it will take time to analyse the actual problem via posts and remotely. Much easier of course if i was at your PC desk !!

Just do one uninstall for now, say TEGB South. Then make sure you C;ear the Temp and any Backup copy.#How to ans where to look are in the attached pic.

As for test purposes i also advise you install directly into XP rather than a library. We can always move it later if required.

For safety sake in the installation set the Conversion Rate to Moderate as shown in pic 2,

Let me know the results.

1.thumb.JPG.6540ce0244bd9b4cd21f3adcbe1aca4e.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.06f261f154f835820f10c4dddf859a19.JPG

Hi Jon, I think I'm sorted. I took the long term view and reinstalled X Plane, Orbx TE South, Southampton airport, X Camera and one add on aircraft. It's all on the new drive and seems to be ok. Just had a quick flight round Southampton docks! I'll reinstall TE Central and North later.

The reinstall takes time but as you say its difficult you investigating things from a distance.

The Orbx library is in the X Plane folder, is that ok long term?

Thanks for your time.

Bob 

Hopefully good news when you install the other TEGB addons as well. 

I do not understand what you mean by the "Orbx library is in the XP folder". Did you create a library and call it "Orbx" and have it inside the XP directory? If so it makes no sense as that is what the Custom Scenery folder is for. You would make more sense if you had it on the same disk drive but outside of the XP directory.

Please clarify.

If you meant the OrbxLibs file then yes that is fine. It should be in your Custom Scenery folder or in the library you created but outside of the XP directory.

Hi Jon. Sorry for the delayed reply. All well and working fine. Re my comment regarding, "Orbx library is in the XP folder" and you reply "If you meant the OrbxLibs file then yes that is fine. It should be in your Custom Scenery folder or in the library you created but outside of the XP directory. You were right in your assumption and I was wrong in my description. 

I reinstalled the lot and it's all good now. Took a while but it's easier for you and me.

Thanks

Bob

Archived