1X water shaders

Hi all

I was wondering if a nicer water shader 1X is available somewhere.

What I do not understand is why it is not possible to have a nice FSX water shader like the ones available for FS9 (see Flight Environment, REX, FS Water and other shaders available).

Water shaders 1X in FSX always look flat, no reflections, no waves.

I'm asking this because I only fly online over IVAO, and I have to use lower settings to have a smooth ride when there is a lot of traffic around me.

Is it a software limit? Is it supposed to be so? Do I necessarily have to switch to 2x to have some reflections and some waves?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Ciao Wolter

as far as I know, FSWC only works with 2x water shaders.

I would like to use a 1x shader, but with the same appearance of FS9 water shaders (e.g. with some kind of reflections and waves). Even when set at High 1x, the water looks so flat.

I've also tried Tim's (REX CEO) 1x shader, but is still looking so far away from FS9 water.

You are right Wolter. :(

I think that fsx water shaders are one step below FS9 ones (talking about 1x, of course).

At least on my machine, setting 1x water gives an incredible boost to performance, which is what I need when I fly online. It's a pity to switch to 2x just to get some reflections and waves. Simply not worth when you just have to *fly*.

Anyway, thank you for your response, have a nice day!

My seas look ok to me at 1+ .  I have not tried this yet but just an idea - make the water you like at 2+  and from then bring your sliders back . I guess the colouring should be the same which would be ok at altitude .

Hi Alan

Using a 2x shader puts some stress on the system, that's what I want to avoid when I fly online in busy airports.

I feel a bit disappointed when I compare the FSX 1x shader with the good old FS9 water. You can make the comparison yourself looking at softwares like REX FS9, Flight Environment, FS Water, Zinertek and more.

Archived