Heads Up! 197.75 available for download at nVidia

I'm sorry to say that if that is the case then the drivers are not installed properly.

here a lil exerpt from my syslog file:

========== Driver Version Information ==========

Nforce Driver Package version Not reported

Audio Driver Not reported

Graphics Driver 197.57 (8.17.11.9757)

Ethernet Driver 73.20 (7.03.01.07320)

IDE Driver 11.1.0.33

nTune 6.05.23

========== GeForce Information ==========

GPU 1: GeForce GTX 285

GPU 1 Video BIOS version: 62.00.4a.00.80

========== GPU's Core and Memory Speed Information ==========

GPU Core Speed = 702

GPU Memory Speed = 1323

GPU Shader Clock Speed = 1584

Guest bliksimpie

I know that Wolter what I mean is under drivers for GTX260 it is still only 197.45 but under other cards it is 197.75. so the newer ones are not yet ready for the GTX260

Yes Nvidea must recon that these drivers will not be suitable for GTX260, otherwise they would list the 197.75 there for you to download if you have a GTX260. You are right other cards like GTX285 do list the driver as a download.. So it has got nothing to do with instalation but is related to the NVIDIA site that list the applicable drivers per card. Yes you are also right that not ALL drivers is suitable for ALL graphics cards. If Nvidia does not list the driver as a suitable candidate for my card I will not install it and rather go on their recomendations.

comments welcome..........I have a dual core processor, 8800GTX, 4 gig ram........and am getting ready to do the annual upgrade..........SO, what is the best (and reasonable price point), combination??  The new GF 480 or 470 looks like the new star wars, but is it better to get a bigger processor, with big fans, more RAM, than spend the big bucks on the GPU??............the PNW gets me under 10 frames with the Coronado 206 at KBFI, but jumps to over 20 outside the city, using the ORBX slider setup settings..........a more complex plane would really drag it down without a computer overhaul........look forward to the opinions.......................

depends on your budget I guess. if you can afford the whole hog go for it. I personally found better improvement just by changing from dual core to quad core CPU but I will do a better upgrade to i7 DDR3RAM and GTX480 when I can afford it.

Archived