Very 'flat' road textures in X-Plane 11 with TrueEarth packs

ajguk

Hi

Have an issue with my colleague's X-Plane install - he has Orbx sceneries installed, but the road textures are very unrealistic.  They seem to be made up of a very flat grey colour and really detract from the Orbx scenery.  He's tried altering the worldwide objects setting in X-Plane, but this only seems to reduce the number of rendered buildings...until this is set to minimum, and then the roads don't look too bad again but there are no buildings so the 3d effect has gone.  I've tried changing his road texture in Orbx to transparent but this makes no noticeable difference.

We've tried the transparent roads option and the issue persists. 

Attached is a pic I took of his screen....any way we can smooth these roads out a bit so there's less contrast between them and their surroundings?

Many thanks

IMG_20201104_135953.jpg.60c589d4935986ddf531e10c7c2c9999.jpg

The transparent roads option will look totally different. The roads will lose that flat unrealistic look and be the same photoreal imagery of the rest of the scenery.

But the Control Panel option has to show the transparent option as ticked, if both options are unticked these roads will stay.

These roads are X Plane 11 textures and Orbx has no control over their appearance, some like them, but I find them cartoon-like and only have transparent roads active.

37 minutes ago, John Dow said:

But the Control Panel option has to show the transparent option as ticked, if both options are unticked these roads will stay.

So if I select 'transparent roads' in each TrueEarth pack, there's another option in the control panel that also needs selecting?  Sorry I haven't had chance to look at that yet, it's not on my machine you see and we're currently in lockdown so I'm having to help remotely when I can.  Thanks!

No just that but sometimes if the scenery has been installed more than once etc the option remains greyed out and won't activate.

But if it's working normally then this is what should be seen:

Temp2.png.1c44f7a80b95c0c6a69412e6631a1f01.png

Note that X _Plane 11 has to be restarted in order for the option to take effect, here's an example of what you should see:

transroads.jpg.6a7042be3ed1e409b1c51e1d7bc2306d.jpg

Archived