OREGON HD not working, installed but not found in game

Castranova

Welcome to the forums.

Please do the following the how and where to look etc is in the attached pic.

1. Clear your Temp folder

2. Delete any Backup file you may have

3. Reboot PC

4. Run the Verify Files option for TE Oregon again.

Report back please.

If it is not successful then in your reply post attach your XP log file from within the XP directory and another copy of your Orbx Central file. These 2 log files should indicate what is the cause of your issue.

I have also rejigged your scenery_packs.ini. I just rearranged slightly but this would not be anything to do with the 1 file not extracting. Just a cosmetic adjustment.

1.thumb.JPG.3248fb3ee47df8738b6b481049fef818.JPG

scenery_packs.ini

Your Log file shows you are installing onto I drive. Is that correct?

Dis you install directly into the XP directory/Custom Scenery or did you install into a Library you created?

Your Log shows that Orbx central was creating symbolic links from/to a folder called Orbx Scenery as per example:

Creating symlink I:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay - I:\Orbx Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Oregon HD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_US_Oregon_TE_Overlay

If so I want you to open the Orbx Scenery folder and and confirm that there is the Oregon files in there. The Orbx Scenery folder may be showing as

Orbx Scenery/Custom Scenery/ and then the Oregon files.

Attach a pic of the contents of your Orbx Scenery folder on the I drive please.

Hi, these three. I linked them, shortcutedd', moved them to game folder rearranged their position inside folder++. Maybe there is a combo that I missed but tried a few !

I have a game instance on another driveD: but when  the OregonHd links from I: ( simple shrtcuts, which worked with a sdFlorida scenery for ex.) didn't appear inside the game I installed a second X plane on I: where Orregon is, I Resynkd'  with simulator and Central created those symlinks, they didn't go either...

IMG-2471.PNG

I am not fully able to understand what you are saying so please forgive me.

If you are going to make shortcuts from I drive to D drive you must open the folder that contains the 3 Oregon files and make shortcuts of those 3 files. Maybe you made shortcuts of the the folder Orbx Scenery/xp11/True Earth US Oregon HD/Custom Scenery when you need to open that folder and make a shortcut of the actual Oregon HD folders of Custom.Overlay and Ortho as your picture shows the 3 files that need shortcuts made. You don't make shortcut to the whole of the file path, just the 3 Oregon HD folders.

Better still is to take those 3 folders and place them directly into the copy of XP you want  rather than having them symlinked.

Hello yess of course that was what I did and it worked with the other maps. I also just reinstalled FloridaSD on this new game instance to check and it works just fine, all went automatic', I downloaded and Central auto-injected them into the sim and all good I didn't move, rename or do anything it just worked! There must be something wrong with the OregonHD files. I got them200gigs two times already but I would try for the third time, Can I get a manual download link ? I wouldn't want to wait for another 8 hours for the install/download only to have an error in the end again...

Thankyou

Ps: The only difference I see between the FloridaSD that is working and the OregonHd one tah is not is the fact that FLorida has an airports folder

I have no reports of there being a problem with Oregon HD but I am going to forward this to the Orbx Central support if the following suggestion does not work.

The HD version of Oregon is a much bigger file than Florida SD and because it is HD it needs to convert files from jpeg to dds format.. SD does not require any converting of files.

I need you to read the link below and suggest you set your conversions to medium or low as mentioned in the link. You can then try a Verify Files again or a reinstallation with the new medium or low conversion setting. The other option of course is to download the free copy of Oregon SD. We could then make sure it works and then possibly retry a HD version installation later. You would need to uninstall the HD version before installing the SD test.

Hello, I changed the settings according to the list above and re-downloaded the HD version, same error as in the first photo ( and at the end of install heheh)

"Verify" didn't solve it just the error message is gone

Is there a way to download and install manually ? I ran out of options, the FloridaSD install I did today ( the "fast" version of install, max cpu. ) - works. Other sceneries' also work.

It will be in the Custom Scenery folder. I suggest you install it into your XP directory rather than a created library. By doing that we will not have any symlinks etc.

To show the scenery you will need to load a flight for example in Portland. For further Oregon airports you will need to Google for info. No Oregon does not come with an airports file.

For your info the TE addons that do have an Airport file are only there to correct the location of the airports from what is seen in Default scenery vs the true location as seen in photoscenery. They are not enhanced airports.

Hello, sorry I didn't want to ask about folders, but IN GAME, Custom Locations TAB, what would it show if OregonHD would work ?

For ex. I have SpainBalearic and FloridaSD, those ones have that Folder called airports ( it has 700kb so I figured it is not "enchanted airports" ) but if that folder is moved or deleted then Nothing appears in the Game's Custom Locations TAB.

I don't understand. Sorry.

There is no Customs Location tab is there? Are you talking about the Custom Scenery folder. I don't understand you.

For Portland you would enter KPDX in the Flight Configurator/Locations. For all other airports in Oregon you need to Google

Capture.thumb.JPG.42a8994317e85b22a91f32948c4c5ed2.JPG

Mister Jon the mind of a newb is hard to crack ! I want to thank you very much for your patience and your help, I got it working. The confusion came from these two facts: an error message at install + the lack of any airports in the CUSTOM SCENERY TAB for OregonHD( Inside the game ). So for beginners that have installed other scenery packs that Do have locations in the Custom Scenery Tab ( ex: FloridaSD, SpainBalearic come With those locations ) it can be confusing Not to see anything there when installling OregonHD.

Ps: It now works with SymLinks and it works with normal basic shortcuts also ( on the same hdd or two NTFS ones) , if/when using two different harddrives simultaneously and one is exFAT and the other is NTFS - only normal shortcuts work ( FAT doesen't support symlinks )

THANKYOU have a good Everything !

Archived