TU EU Balearic Islands

stu1170

Good evening i am wondering if anyone may be able to assist.

i purchased the above named in the subject today and for some reason it will not extract / convert the files in the central downloader? at first i thought this may be an issue with my pc ( specs are below ) or one of my SSD but all checks on that front yielded a  healthy drive.(thankfully, its only a few months old)

as a check I uninstalled EGPH for Xplane11 and re installed all with no issues. re attempted again on the TU EU balearic and still no joy. i even got a blue screen during this stage?

I'm running both MSFS and Xplane11 which a substantial amount of products from Orbx downloaded from central and have never had an issue? is there a issue with this download ?

my specs i9-9900k, 64gb of ram and 2x 2tb SSD along with a 2tb HDD and a 246 TB ssd and a RTX2070 Super. as stated it is this download alone causing problems. if i cant download it then i shall inevitably have to request a refund which i don't really want to do.

kind regards

Stuart

Welcome to the forums.

I will need your XP log file please.

Also tell me how much space you have on the disk drive that you are downloading onto. This is where your Temp drive is located and by default would be your C drive.

Initially go into Orbx central and uninstall if there is anything to uninstall, EU Balearic. Then check if you have a backup copy. If so delete that in case it is corrupted. How and where to do that is in the pic below. Reboot your PC and then reinstall.

I am linking a couple of posts to see if there are any points relative to your situation.

Please read them and ensure you are meeting all the requirements. 

The BSOD scenario is contained in the "Freezing of Orbx Central" link below.

1.thumb.JPG.005984831196f3140d048b26bd09598e.JPG

Good morning thank you for your response 

the issue has nothing to do with XP its not even being started lol but ive enclosed my Log for you. i have just purchased EGGD with no issues and it downloaded perfectly along with other checks and tests it isn't my system, i have over 2tb of SSd space available on the assigned drive 100gb available on the temp file drive. 

I've re selected the assigned drives as you have posted. will update if the reboot helps

Log.txt

good afternoon. unfortunately this has yielded no improvement on the download. my guess is it is either conflicting with software on my system (strange as no other Orbx product downloads for xp or msfs are doing this ) or there is a corrupt file in the download itself.

@stu1170 Looking at your Log file I see no mention of error about Balearic being mentioned. So we need to try a couple of things.

Uninstall  Balearic via Orbx Central. Clear the Temp folder, delete any Backup copy if applicable.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenry.BAK

Make a new Custom Scenery folder.

Download and install directly into XP Directory Custom Scenery folder.

Open the .BAK folder and make shortcuts for Global Airports and OrbxLibs. Place the shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder.

If possible run XP and exit. Open the scenery_packs.ini and make sure that Balearic Airports is above Global Airports and that the 3 other Balearic folders of Custom/Overlay/Orthos are just below Global Airports, then put the OrbxLibs under the Balearic entries.Rerun XP and try a flight.

If you still crash or get on screen messages, take a screenshot and post it here.

Also having done the new install of Balearic, the Orbx Central Log will have details of what may have happened. Attach that Orbx Central Log and we can forward it to the Orbx central Support team.

The Orbx central Log can be found as shown in the attached pic. Settings/help

Good luck.

2.thumb.JPG.5dadde6d2823993c6477d2b20af98559.JPG

you wont see it mentioned because it isnt downloading or when i manage to get it to download it just hangs during the extraction phase so isn't installing anything. i know with 100% certainty now its not my system or the downloader its the actual file. purchased two more airports and they work great. one for msfs and one for xplane11. 

guess i shall just have to get a refund on this on until they sort out the file

@stu1170

I have successfully reinstalled a fresh copy of Balearic, so I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the addon, Orbx central or XP.

So please attach your Orbx Central Log file so we can see what is going on.

There is no fix required so we need to analyse the problem and see if we can help

i just retried it and again it crashed by system. after a fresh download of Orbx central. i did this attempt again and yet again it crashed. this gave a fresh log txt which ive attached above for you. thank you for looking over this and assisting me

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @stu1170

The provided log files indicate that some chunks are failing to extract and some files are failing to convert.

As you state that your system crashed this may be due to the extraction/conversion process being quite CPU heavy operations. Can you try cancelling the existing install process and adjusting the below setting (under Settings -> Downloader) before reattempting the installation. You can try changing the conversion option from 'high' to 'moderate' or 'low'.

image.png

i just turned down the intensity of the CPU down load to moderate and its installed no issues. thank you not sure if it was that all along or since i updated all my Intel drivers just to be safe the other day.

thank you either way now i can enjoy it

Archived