Quatam River crashing on loading

Jared W

Welcome to the forums. Sorry about your problem.

I have checked your scenery_packs and the Log file and it indicates nothing as far as what the issue is.

In order to try and find the cause i would ask you to do this :

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK.

Make a new Custom Scenery folder.

Open the .BAK folder and make 3 shortcuts for

Quatum River

Global Airports

OrbxLibs

Place those 3 shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder

Start XP and then exit. Open the Custom Scenery folder and check that the scenery_packs.ini is layered as in this sequence:

Quatum River

Global Airports

OrbxLibs

Open XP and then follow the guide in the link below on how to ensure you get the correct Quatum River to load.

Report back on what happens. be aware that for some reason this addon has been reported as being very heavy on resources demand and low fps by some users.

There was/is something that clashes with an addon in your Custom Scenery folder

What i strongly recommend is that you start to add back your scenery fro the .BAK folder and make sure that after each addition to the new Custom Scenery folder,that Quatum River works properly. As soon as you add back an addon that causes Quatum River to have a problem, then you know that that one is the offending addon.

It is only a matter of dragging the addons back from the BAK folder to your new Custom Scenery folder. It has to be a process of elimination I am afraid.

Bit of a pain I know but is the only one I know to find the culprit addon

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded "Quantum River" this morning. I have a 2017 MAC x-plane 11 and it loads and runs perfectly. I noticed that the trees actually blow in the wind. I had thought there were other bush type airports and helipads in  the download however, I don't know how to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Archived