Recommend maps for FSX?

JWxTreme

I did a search but didn't see this topic raised here.  Does anyone know of a good add-on for North America maps that is compatible with FSX?  I would like to see more detail of the cities I'm flying over which the standard GPS doesn't offer. Thanks.

James

Awesome!!  Thanks guys. I will look into the Plan G and download it. I appreciate all of your suggestions. I wanted to be able to locate the names of towns and cities. As I fly over these small towns or cities it would just be nice to be able to identify what they are.

Thanks Ricky. I will check that out. I just set up Plan-G and really like it. Now I can just click on the icon in the status bar and see what highways, and towns are below me. It works very well. This is what I love about these forums. There are very knowledgeable and  helpful people with a lot of experience that can give great suggestions.

UPDATE:  I just checked out skyvector and really like it although it doesn't integrate into your FSX. I can still use it though for detailed information on waypoints and airports. It is very nice. Thanks again Ricky.

It's pretty handy to say the least. I think the ipad would be a great tool for viewing charts and approach plates. On e it comes to Canada, and the price drops a bit I may have to get my grubby little hands on one!

I have the X Plane 9 on my iPhone. I haven't played with it much though.  A small screen and less than stellar graphics were a  bit disappointing.  Those maps would look great on an iPad. I have no plans of buying one though. I have to pay off this new desktop I have.

Archived