Installing GBR scenery

Mayfly

My "Flight Simulation" hard disk currently holds X-Plane 11, orbxlibs and GBR -South - XP11.

Ultimately I would like to purchase GBR - Central, North and Ireland (if/when it is available) but there is insufficient space on the current present disk 

Is it  practical proposition to install all the afore mentioned items on 1 external disk?

Mayfly 

Welcome to the forums.

Yes is the simple answer. No problem at all to install onto an external disk. You will need to make a Library to install the other addons to so that Orbx Central will know where they are. If you don't know how to do that it is explained in the Orbx central User guide which I will attach.

The only minor issue with an external disk is it depends on the disk speed and what type of disk you are referring to, whether it is an external SSD or HDD and if an HDD what speed is that disk. The only difference to the type and speed is how long it will take to load a True Earth addon. There will be no difference in in-flight scenery loading, only the initial loading time up to the point of being on the ground.

You may wish also to consider moving your Temp folder if you are having disk space issues as the 2 other TEGB addons are quite hefty downloads which also need to extract, doubling their size on the disk you have your Temp folder on, before installing onto your external disk. Check the download/installation size of Central & North on the Orbx Direct site.

Central User Guide.pdf

Archived