Global vector

danc444

I have purchased this product and in your description, you mention that it was a joint project between you and Pilot's. I also have their FS Global NG. My question is do these products interact? Is there anything special I need to do in terms of installation?

Just curious what the relationship, if any, should be.

Thanks. 

Dan Cole

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The Airport Elevation Correction part of Vector has not been included in the version released for P3D v5.

This is because all airports in P3D v5 have been revised and the Vector database no longer matches the simulator database.

Vector for P3D v5 will not interact as far as airports are concerned.

Thanks for the response, Nick. Am new to Orbx, having been a GEX and UTX guy previously, but I'm already a pretty good customer.

But I do want to try to understand your answer. I'm assuming the Airport Elevation Correction was the part PILOT's was involved with? And  that represented sort of a mesh product?

Bear with me.

Thanks

Hello,

Pilot's made the entire Vector product.

It's main purpose was to enhance and correct the accuracy of coastlines, shores, rivers, roads, power lines,

parks, golf courses, beaches and wetlands.

Perhaps because they also produce mesh, the product also includes airport elevation corrections.

These are designed to level off the terrain around the default airports, thus removing the inevitable cliffs

that appear in the simulator when the terrain around a flat FSX/P3D airport is enhanced to include the real

world levels by adding a mesh product such as theirs.

Orbx do not sell a purely mesh product but in the Orbx regions, where mesh is included, so are the necessary corrections

to the Orbx enhanced regions' airports.

Lockheed Martin decided to update the airport database in P3D v5. They also include a much better Vector database

than in P3D v4 but it still has anomalies.

For this reason, Orbx now offer just the Vector part for P3D v5, as the AEC part no longer matches the P3D airport database.

Archived