Unable to get any Orbx products to start

Liveo

I can't get any Orbx products to load.  It is a new install of X-plane.  I had a folder of Orbx libraries installed already.  I tried to delete all of those and create a new library, but no success. I have tried with other PopOS install (although using the same hard drive with the library).  My new X-plane install is on the same drive.  I have never had any of my big scenery (UK, Washington etc) load up in more than a year!!!

Operating system:  Linux PopOS

Simulator:  X-Plane 11 11.5

Screenshot:  image.thumb.png.af5764ca59e31756070429ccc906e5a6.pngimage.thumb.png.066351ace29ecee220afded061b5d510.png

Issue:  I can't get any Orbx products to load.  It is a new install of X-plane.  I had a folder of Orbx libraries installed already.  I tried to delete all of those and create a new library, but no success.  Wh

central.log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Liveo

Looking at the provided log file it appears that only 2B2/6B6 and EGCB have been found to be installed in your Orbx Central library. Can you perform a 'verify files' on the products that are missing and then reattach your log file here?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Liveo,

Your log file indicates that the symlinks for these products where created along with the required scenery packs.

2020-09-15T21:24:56.778Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Creating symlink /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library - /mnt/OrbxStuff/xp11/xp11/2B2-6B6 Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field/Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library
2020-09-15T21:24:56.779Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Creating symlink /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_6B6_Minute_Man_Field - /mnt/OrbxStuff/xp11/xp11/2B2-6B6 Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_6B6_Minute_Man_Field
2020-09-15T21:24:56.780Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Creating symlink /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_2B2_Plum_Island_Airport - /mnt/OrbxStuff/xp11/xp11/2B2-6B6 Plum Island Airport & Minute Man Air Field/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_2B2_Plum_Island_Airport
2020-09-15T21:24:56.781Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Creating symlink /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City - /mnt/OrbxStuff/xp11/xp11/EGCB Manchester City Airport and Heliport (Barton)/Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City
2020-09-15T21:24:56.782Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Creating symlink /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay - /mnt/OrbxStuff/xp11/xp11/EGCB Manchester City Airport and Heliport (Barton)/Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay
2020-09-15T21:24:57.299Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Installed scenery packs from /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City/orbx_xp_config.json
2020-09-15T21:24:57.343Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Installed scenery packs from /mnt/Steam3_8TB/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_2B2_Plum_Island_Airport/orbx_xp_config.json

Do these symlinks exist and do the products appear in the simulator?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Liveo

I'm having trouble following exactly what issue you're encountering. Does the current scenery you have installed (2B2/6B6 and EGCB) not show up in the sim? 

Are you having trouble installing any other scenery?

The scenery seems to install and it shows up as installed in Central, but does not show up in the Sim.  This is a new install and I have only tried to add Orbx stuff at the moment.  I had the same problem with another install though and other stuff would install without a problem.

Archived