True Earth GB X Plane 11.50 Vulcan Issues

Dumbo61

Hi,

I own True Earth GB and I just switched to X Plane 11.50 Vulcan. Suddenly, London does not look like before.  If I revert back to OpenGL and all is fine. Is this known issue with Vulcan and if yes, any plans for fixing it? I am attaching screenshots of London with OpenGL and Vulcan options active. OpenGL looks normal but Vulcan. 

Thanks,

Damir

London Vulkan.jpg

London OpenGL.jpg

I am assuming the first pic is from 11.50.

It looks blurry in comparison to the second pic. Is that what you are referring to?

If so it is nothing to do with the Orbx addon but an issue reported in the x-plane.org web forums about how some people get a blurry view when using Vulkan.

This is a result of XP settings and also the ability of the users cpu/gpu combo processing the visuals quick enough.

You may want to provide your PC specs and also address the issue in the x-plane.org forum. The resolution of the TEGB has not changed and the blurred visuals are not anything to do with the addon, but a performance issue of Vulkan, again only for some users.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the answer. Yes you are right, first picture is Vulcan London. I run I9, 2080Ti with 32 GB od RAM. Vulcan London is blurry and buildings looks like flat walls with no details on it. Everything else is working correctly. No performance issue, just visual issue. Based on your answer, I am concluding that this is XP issue, not Orbx?

Thanks,

Damir

It is a XP Vulkan issue I assure you. The x-plane.org is full of reports about this but it is one of those issues that affect some but not others. I have no such issue and my specs are in my signature. I do have a 4K monitor so my settings for Anti-Aliasing needs only to be  2xSSAA+FXAA. The rest of all settings except AF which is 4x 

Archived