Orbx // New hard drive

PCPilot61

Try this as ot seems that Orbx central has not recognised that you moved (not installed) your XP installtion.

Open Users/yourname/AppData/local and scroll to near the bottom of the page and you should see the x-pane_install11 txt document.

Open it up and enter the new location of you XP installation.

I attach a pic of where the txt file should be and also a pic of the example of my XP installation which os on my G drive

Capture1.thumb.JPG.9986df78703b1b11f2935df61200935f.JPG

Capture.JPG.edc316772da9b66d505918104a3f05bb.JPG

OK, followed instructions above. Airport is loading fine, most surrounding scenery is visually flat (one dimensional), or you can see where houses are supposed to be on the lot, but there is no house/building along the road. The number of world objects is set to high. I have attached a screen shot of KACK. Up close you can see the road w/out houses, and farther you can see the 3D structures. Towards the bottom of the Log.txt, you can see KACK is missing files, even though I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled to the correct D drive location.

KACK.JPG

scenery_packs.ini.txt Log.txt

I am not seeing any clue in the log  file. Regarding missing files maybe I am not seeing properly but all the missing files references seem to be about KMGM Montgomery. Please try and have your World objects set to max instead of high and see if you get more buildings etc.

0:00:15.005 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/KMGM - Montgomery Regional Airport/
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: C:/jenkins/design-triggered/source_code/app/X-Plane-f/../../engine/REN/io_dsf.cpp:808
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/KMGM - Montgomery Regional Airport/
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:808)
0:00:15.005 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete the scenery_packs.ini and let it create a new one

This is getting very difficult so bare with me. Can you name your current Custom Scenry folder to Custom Scenery.BAK.

Make a new folder called Custom Scenery. In that folder place the KACK files and Global Airports and OrbxLibs.

Make sure that after you run XP and exit tat you check the scenery_packs to ensure that the 3KACK files are above Global Airports and the Orbx_iBY library is under Global airports.

Then for test flight from KACK. Make sure that World Objects is at maximum.

I also need to know the size of the KACK files you have please.

My files sizes are :

KACKMemorial airport size on Disk= 4.26GB, 1671 files, 7 folders

KACK Roads size on Disk= 80KB 4 files 3 folders

KACK mesh size on Disk= 20.1MB 2 files 2 folders

Please confirm if yours are the same.

Do you have a Backup copy of KACK? If so please delete it. The reason is that Orbx Central will verify files from it  and also use it in the case od a reinstall. If the Backup copy is corrupted in any way then the corruption perpetuates. You need a new, fresh copy.

The Backup copy will be in the location shown in the attached pic and highlighted in green:

1.thumb.JPG.ea18ac9246d8550396db7de2376c9743.JPG

OK, the two steps above have been taken. I think KACK is resolved. I've attached a screen shot of roughly the same area, you can see much more complete detail (world objects on high). My file sizes are KACK airport 4.26GB 1672 files, 7 folders, roads 80.0KB 4 files, 3 folders, and mesh 20.1MB 2 files, 2 folders, all on disk size.

There was a backup copy, which was removed successfully. I am assuming the 'new' custom scenery folder is correct now. How do I restore the previous items from the custom scenery.bak file?

KACK.JPG

But just noticed in the attached log file, we are still missing scenery files:

0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +40-070
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +42-070
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +40-072
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +40-069
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +42-069
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +40-071
0:00:25.127 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +41-069

Log.txt

The missing files are not related to Orbx but perhaps to your Global Scenery by XP Laminar. If there was a missing files from Orbx the error would read something on the lines of:

Warning for missing scenery file: +40-070 referenced in  Orbx_xxxx_xxxx

Check your Global Scenery folder for the "missing" files.

I also attach a copy of the +40-070dsf in case your KACK_A__Nantucket_Memorial_Airport/Earth nav data folder doesn't contain it.

KACK sits in the +40-070 default XP scenery tile so if the Global Scenery file for that Tile is missing then it will result in no buildings etc showing up which may be the cause of your problem.

Regarding getting your previous scenrry_packs,ini amended you just need to drag and drop the files you temporarily put into the new Custom Scenery folder, back into the original Custom Scenery folder, delete the new one and then rename the old one by deleting the .BAK ending.

+41-070.dsf

Archived