US Southern California HD scenery crashes X-Plane

flybeanie

Operating system:  MacOS 10.15.6

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.41r1

Screenshot:  X-Plane error screenshot1982181322_X-Planeerrormessage.thumb.png.8c02c805215db0e6f4d64d0efdfa6295.png

Issue:  US Southern California HD scenery not working and causes X-Plane to quit. Some Orbx files appear to be missing from the download package. This message is in the X-Plane log.txt file---WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_SoCal_TE_Orthos/textures/cd50x5870x17.dds.

central.log

Hello and welcome.

The error message normally relates to a lack of free space required to complete the download, perform all the required extractions, perform the necessary conversions from jpg to dds and then installation.

Please read the link I give and make sure you meet ALL the requirements especially in regard to the free space required, the location of the Temp folder where downloads go to. The How To aspects within the link all refer to Windows as I have no knowledge of Mac or Lynux but I am sure you know the Mac equivalents.

If you perform all the necessary changes that I think may be required then try another installation and report back.

It may be prudent to Clear your Temp folder and also delete any backup copy you may have made in order to ensure that any new installation is a fresh one and not made by Orbx Central reading a potentially corrupt Backup copy of the addon

Archived