This is a weird one

Right this one is weird......

Okay so i updated from v4 to v5 the recommended way by Orbx.... I moved the files that were supported to the v5 folder and allowed Orbx Central to do the behind the scenes work to place them in v5 and every time there was an update for more compatible products I would move them across...Never have i tried to get v4 into v5 myself, nor have I moved non compatible products across....

Ive flown into Iceland about two times in v5 and both times using the Iceland demo which was one of the products moved across and placed in the sim, no problem.... even after installing MK Studios BIKF airport....

now Ive had issues in the add ons section before and solved them, because for some reason entries were not being written to the addon.cfg in program data... but this one I just dont understand and Im hoping someone can shed some light on it, avoiding the delete generated files route if possible....

Activating addons and deactivating addons, when I click on an Orbx addon and exit the addon manager, if i return to it, the boxes Ive selected have unselected and some entries next to the one I have selected have been ticked by magic..... 

I have synced the sim, gotten the Orbx app to organize the scenery library (not sure if it has anything to do with the scenery library or scenery.cfg file or not) even moved the entries around and the only fix seems to be going into the addon.cfg and manually changing the values myself..... 

any idea what is going on? What could be causing the addon.cfg to be not be updated correctly with entries I tick? 

Any ideas for a fix? 

the other weird thing is that I have only moved compatible files across.. Iceland Demo was one of them when v5 first came out, which works.... it now seems to have disappeared from Orbx Central app in the Store, not in my v5 products.... Ive never been made aware that it is outdated or no longer being supported by v5 and on the website it states its not compatible with v5.... what the hell?  lol 

Is there something Ive missed lol....

updating this topic, I solved the issue with the addons.... the question regarding Iceland Demo still stands, although that does work fine in my v5... 

after heading into the Sync Sim option in the Orbx app, then getting the Orbx app to order my scenery library, I noticed the xml add ons, some of them were further down in the list than they should be. So I removed all the add ons from the documents/Prepar3d addons folder.... I then removed SODE from the add ons cfg in ProgramData and updated the program...

I then proceeded to add back all the add ons one by one in the hope that one of them would be the cause. The only one I havent yet put back in is the SimLink xml for Navigraph charts.

The add on.cfg seems to be writing fine now again and updating the changes I make correctly. Im not sure what the exact reason is why it happened but its fixed now...

All sorted

Archived