TEGB Frame Rate Problem

Hi,

I have just purchased TEGB South and got a low frame rate problem. The frame rate is keeping at 25fps in normal flight (from EGHH) to about 15fps over london city. My PC has a relative high config (AMD Rayzen 5 3600x 3.79GHz, Nvidia RTX2070). I have tried different settings on the slidebar, still not be able to have frame rate higher than 30fps. Is it because I have installed with 3 display monitors that lowering the display performance?

Thanks,

William 

45 minutes ago, Aerocentre_hk said:

Hello Jon,

Yes I am currently using 11.50 release and using  Fly Elise NG Immersive LCD software for 3 screens display.

Thanks,

William

You haven't stated whether you are utilising Vulkan or not.

Yes you are correct in that covering 3 screens, additional software and unknown XP settings will certainly influence FPS rates and smoothness, very much depending where you are in TEGB South. Obviously the large built up cities with urban areas are very demanding.

2 hours ago, Aerocentre_hk said:

Hello Jon,

Vulkan is not used in my setup, I tried to keep all graphics settings at min but still the fps is very low especially when flying over london city. Is there any other way to improve the frame rate besides the xp settings?

Thanks,

William

Yes there is. It is to use the Vulkan option. Have you at least tried it? It is designed to do exactly what you are wishing for. I don't have 3 monitors running,  nor do I use VR for example both of which will reduce performance from the performance you would get without their use.

My PC specs are in my signature and I can have 4K 3840x2160 resolution with the XP settings I show in the pic below by using Vulkan.

Is there a particular reason you don't implement Vulkan?

I see no other way of improving FPS in built up areas except with low XP settings, which to me IMHO is defeating the object of paying good money for great quality photoscenery.

This is not a criticism but merely an observation and I hope you see my point.

I am unsure of what else to offer you in getting better FPS.

Capture.thumb.JPG.d427b8fac3126249d120d99bbae8d5a7.JPG

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your suggestion and I understand your point.

Indeed I am not familiar with Vulkan, can you share more details about the installation and usage? I have googled some info about it and it looks we need some programming technique for Vulkan implementation, is it the case?

I bought the simulator from a simulator manufacturer all-in-one with the hardware (flight controls and PC together with xp installed). However I found the visual display was not in good performance when running xp, while I have tried different graphic setting at xp. I am thinking it is because the three HD monitors giving heaving loading on the CPU and GPU. Is it I am expect Vulkan can boost the performance that I wish?

regards,

William

5 minutes ago, Aerocentre_hk said:

Dear Jon,

I think I have missed the latest xp version, while mine is 11.40 instead of 11.50 which I was thinking the software is being updated automatically. I will have xp updated to 11.50 and see if I it helps after utilising Vulkan.

thank you,

William

Just do as you suggest and update to the new Release version 11.50RC1. In the Graphics settings you will see a small box with the option to tick on using Vulkan. Tick it and then exit XP .I suggest a reboot as well. Then when restarted go into XP and make your settings. The big FPS hitters are Texture Quality (but with Vulkan you can you that setting) World Objects which is CPU governed but needs to max if you want to get the full TEGB experience. HDR should be set to one notch left of max.

When you get the updated version installed let me know how you get on. I suggest you post me a pic of your XP settings in the new version.

Good luck.

Dear Jon,

I have updated the xp to 11.50 and utilising Vulkan. The problem seems improved but I am not sure if it is valid as most of the scenery was missing during the flight. Although the fps is stabalised at around 20fps when flying over london, I found some of the landmarks were missing, that I think the scenery files from TEGB is not running properly. I have attached the xp settings and some of the phscenery_packs.iniotos for your referene. The london eye, tower bridge were missing that they were shown before xp update.

regards,

William

IMG_6371.JPG

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6368.jpg

I have corrected your scenery_packs.ini. You need to have the Laminar London Landmarks file above TEGB South but below Global Airports. I have done that for you. It will also render the correct O2 Millennium building. You could also run the Verify Files option for TEGB South via Orbx Central just to ensure you have it all.

scenery_packs.ini

I have corrected the .ini file and now looks ok. However, it is strange when I takeoff from london city airport (EGLC) rwy27, the runway is not perfectly level. The photos shows the screen cap of the runway.

Besides, it look the overall visual quality is not the same as the one before I update xp, do you know the reason why and how can I get it solved?

Thanks,

William 

CBE164BA-486F-4EEE-87AA-045586EE74BC.jpeg

4964FB0A-652E-4125-BB77-E471BA849747.jpeg

Archived