You don't have enough free disk space to complete

ahgray

Trying to install US southern california HD for X-plane 11 onto brand new 2tb ssd, 1.86TB free space after NTFS format, created Orbx library. When trying to install I get "ERROR: You don't have enough free disk space to complete the installation."

I deleted the library and recreated, still no luck installing.

I tried installing something else to the libary like israel's farm and that did install fine. What gives?

Not sure how to delete a post otherwise i would but this may be of use to someone anyway. The reason it was throwing the error was that my Temporary Download location was on the old library which was full.  The download library and the temp library are independent of each other.  once i moved the temp library over to the new drive it worked fine.

Would be nice to get a more useful error message though.

• 7 months later...

You’re at your computer getting ready to copy your vacation photos or download the latest game off Steam, and the dreaded Disk Space too Low error pops up. What can you do to free up some space? What can you safely delete and what should be left alone? Follow this simple guide, so you spend less time cleaning, and more time using your computer.

Archived