Is Removal of Custom Scenery Required?

Rman

Good Morning,

I am new to Orbx and have just purchased and began installing TrueEarth US Southern California HD. My question is do I need to remove some of the other custom scenery that I have installed in this region? such as AXP California, AutoGenXP California-Nevada, California-Nevada Ultra Res Mesh, Night XP California and Nevada.

I plan on purchasing and installing all of the other North America Regions if this works well. I have a lot of custom Scenery in these regions as well.

Regards,

Bob

1 hour ago, Rman said:

Good Morning,

I am new to Orbx and have just purchased and began installing TrueEarth US Southern California HD. My question is do I need to remove some of the other custom scenery that I have installed in this region? such as AXP California, AutoGenXP California-Nevada, California-Nevada Ultra Res Mesh, Night XP California and Nevada.

I plan on purchasing and installing all of the other North America Regions if this works well. I have a lot of custom Scenery in these regions as well.

Regards,

Bob

My advice is yes and the main reason is that it will prevent any possible clashes with other addons based in that region bar airports of course.

The True Earth addons contain all the attributes that other additional addons add like night lighting, mesh, autogen and POI.

Jon,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have deleted all of the other custom scenery. I have installed my library on a ssd other than the X-Plane folder. Is there a way to tell what X-Plane folder the scenery is going too? I have a couple version of X-Plane on a couple different drives, and think it may be going to the wrong folder.

Thanks again for the prompt service.

Regards,

Bob 

2 minutes ago, Rman said:

Jon,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have deleted all of the other custom scenery. I have installed my library on a ssd other than the X-Plane folder. Is there a way to tell what X-Plane folder the scenery is going too? I have a couple version of X-Plane on a couple different drives, and think it may be going to the wrong folder.

Thanks again for the prompt service.

Regards,

Bob 

You need to scroll the Version info in Orbx Central as per the attached pic. If you point your mouse and hover over and down the list the location of each installation will be shown.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.84e67bac012ed490c35d3aa38033a10d.JPG

Check the X-Plane installation file which is called "x-plane_install_11" located in Windows > Users > 'YourName' > AppData > Local right near the bottom of that folder. If the entry to the one you want to install into is not there then manually enter it. Here is an example of mine:

Capture.JPG.6c9e8cfa58729749fb59a6c5ecc7ea7c.JPG

Archived