EGLC - Fire response

jhmayers

3 minutes ago, jhmayers said:

I've tried a few times now from different approaches. Is there a particular plane I should use or should it work with any? Does it matter if I have the GT750 installed?

I can only go by what the user guide says:

As you approach the airport (from any distance), declare an onboard emergency by setting your transponder to 7700. • Continue your assigned approach (the feature works approaching from any direction) • As you descend below 900ft (275m) AGL, two of the airport fire trucks will deploy from their base at the airport and wait on or near the runway exits. • Once you’ve touched down, they will continue to follow until you come to a complete stop. The fire should stop a short distance from your aircraft. • Remember to reset your transponder to 7700 or they will automatically respond on your departure!

What version of XP are you using? If it is 11.50 then it may not work.

ah it is 11.50 b17 and I may have always been trying in Vulkan. I've tried several payware props and Jets from various designers and the default cessna 172. 

Just was curious if there was a particular.... perfect set up. Thanks for prompt help anyway. And  many thanks for making an amazing airport and scenery.

It seems none of the Orbx ground traffic works well or at all with X Plane beta 

No cars racing at Goodwood

No traffic at all around Shoreham or Southampton

No cable cars at London City plus the one you mentioned (transponder 7700 fire response is squawked above 1000ft on approach)

I'm hoping once the sim is out of beta that Orbx will address this, not a deal breaker but it's a nice touch.

6 hours ago, Glenith37 said:

It seems none of the Orbx ground traffic works well or at all with X Plane beta 

No cars racing at Goodwood

No traffic at all around Shoreham or Southampton

No cable cars at London City plus the one you mentioned (transponder 7700 fire response is squawked above 1000ft on approach)

I'm hoping once the sim is out of beta that Orbx will address this, not a deal breaker but it's a nice touch.

My understanding is that there will be compatibility updates when 11.50 becomes an official release. The timing of those updates is unknown by me.

Archived