A random tree

NatJB

HI all,

I'm just looking for some advice. I'm using TE GB that covers Birmingham and when used in coordination with a freeware scenery for Birmingham Airport I have one random Orbx tree just to the left of runway 33. I looked in a WED editor software in the event of being able to locate and delete the tree but no luck. I don't have any experience of scenery design so don't really know how to get rid of it. The freeware scenery is above the TE Orbx scenery in the ini file.  I've attached a copy of the ini for reference.

Many thanks in advance. 

scenery_packs.ini

I have checked and revised your scenery_packs.ini as all your TEGB entries were at the bottom of the layering when they should be directly under Global Airports.

If the rogue tree still exists at Birmingham you need to do the following:

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK.

Make a new folder named Custom Scenery.

Open the old Custom Scenery folder and make shortcuts for the TEGB South files and  Global Airports.

Place those shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder.

Run XP and exit. Open the new Custom Scenery folder and check the scenery_packs.ini layering so that it reads in this sequence:

Global Airports

TEGB South Custom

TEGB South Overlay

TEGB South Orthos

Then make a flight at Birmingham.

If the tree has gone you know that it is one of your other addons (non Orbx) that is causing the tree to appear.

You will then have to do a process of elimination of which addon is the cause. If the test with the new Custom Scenery folder having TEGB South in isolation, removes the tree then you can delete the new Custom Scenery folder and rename the old one back to Custom Scenery without the .BAK and start your process of elimination disabling some of the additional non Orbx addons that maybe causing the issue.

With TEGB South now in the correct layering sequence any addon still causing a tree on the runway will probably be an airport addon.

You also have a couple of addons that I have no knowledge of what they contain but could cause clashes with your TEGB addons. The TEGB addons are all inclusive for mesh, overlays and POI s so any other addon duplicating or replicating things included in TEGB is a potential cause for issues.

I refer to these addons:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/North-West-1/ 
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/North-West-2/ 
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/North-West-3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/north-west-4/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/north-west-5/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/South-1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/South-East-for-x-plane/

Here is your revised scenery_packs.ini.

scenery_packs.ini

• 5 weeks later...

Archived